Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Super Pet Specials of the Month.

Started by Mettle, September 09, 2005, 10:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mettle

It was requested from someone that the stores post their sales online for people to see. However Super Pet is not that big of an organization (when compared to Big Als, Pet Cetera or Pet Smart) and does not do this... SO... I'll do it here. (If this is not allowed for whatever reason feel free to delete the post.)

This all comes from the flyer. Sales are good for September 9th through October 2nd, 2005. I may make a mistake when typing out some of these prices. I've had a long day. The store cannot be held responsible for mistakes I make here. I am only posting the things that relate to fish... There's a ton of other stuff on sale. The flyer is available at any SP location.

Door Crasher Specials (select buys on certain weekends only! all items are while quantities last!)
-Saturday Sept 10th & Sunday Sept 11th: Marina 5 Gallon Desktop Bowfront Waterhome; 49.77 (reg 89.77)
-Saturday Sept 24th & Sunday Sept 25th: Hagen Waterhome Econo 10 Starter Kit; 49.77 (reg 69.99); limit 1 per family

Fish Specials:
Red & White Fantail Goldfish; 1.88
Red Wag Sword; 1.88
Male Red Neon Guppy; 1.88
Red Tail Black Shark; 3.44
Black Sailfin Molly; 3.44
Neon Tetra; 5 for 5.00
Male Betta; 1.88
Mickey Mouse Platy; 5 for 5.00

Assorted Potted Plants: 3.44

Purchase any GeoSystem Starter Kit and receive 30% off all GeoSystem Components.

Pond Product End of Season Close-Out
50% Off: decorations, water conditioners, tubing, parts, nets, test kits, filter media
30% Off: pups, filters, uv sterilizers, lights and foggers
20% Off: ponds, pond liners and pond kits
20% Off: all Laguna foods

There's more sales in the department having to do with gravel vacs, pythons, biocare water conditioners, etc. but pick up the flyer to find out. These are just some of the best imo.

Hope this helps those that don't get the flyer.

Also... One exclusively Barrhaven Super Pet special is 10% off of all discus in the store. (This is NOT part of the flyer special and I don't know til when this will go. It's at the manager's discretion.) We also just got in two very nice foot long silver arowana and they're priced at 198.98 I do believe.

Cheers.

charlie

Why was the comments by aidensmomma removed ?

Mettle

Quote from: "charlie"Why was the comments by aidensmomma removed ?

It wasn't removed. She decided to delete it herself.

aidensmomma2000

Hi there,
 I deleted it because I thought maybe it would cause a kerfuffle  :wink:

darkdep

Mettle, thanks so much for posting this.  I personally appreciate it very much.

luvfishies

Excellent! Thanks so much!

Now I know it's worth the effort to bicycle to the SP here......some GREAT deals!

Mettle

No problem folks, glad I could be of service.

I am going to recommend to head office to put an electronic copy of the flyer on the website. All it'd take is a single pdf file, really. But we'll see.  :D

StylinT

I live outside of ottawa how would i get teh flyer sent to my house ????

StylinT

I live outside of ottawa how would i get teh flyer sent to my house ????

Mettle

Quote from: "StylinT"I live outside of ottawa how would i get teh flyer sent to my house ????

You'd have to contact Super Pet about that. I'm just a lowly part-time worker trying to make some extra cash while going to university.  :D

luvfishies

Way to go!

I got the Koi pellets my snails love, for way less than usual, and 2L of POND water conditioner for $14.

Wicked!

Mettle

And that pond water conditioner is pretty much the exact same thing as AquaPlus - except more highly concentrated. So it'll go a heck of a lot further. I did the same thing - because it's better than my store discount! Haha.

luvfishies

Quote from: "Mettle"And that pond water conditioner is pretty much the exact same thing as AquaPlus - except more highly concentrated. So it'll go a heck of a lot further. I did the same thing - because it's better than my store discount! Haha.

Heck, I think this is more economical than the 1lb of ChlorAm-X I've got kicking around here.

Might just have to go back and get another 2L ;)

Mettle

Well. 2L does treat 10,566 US gallons of water. I'd say it's quite economical, heh. Even at the regular price of $29 it's not a bad deal.

luvfishies

I don't want to do the math, but my 1 lb of Chloram-X:

1 tsp treats 40g.

Who the heck knows how many teaspoons are in a pound of dry powder?

I've run out of water conditioner before, and as I'm gonna get another 2L of this, and another lb of the chloramX, I'll be set for a while :D

UCGrafix

Thanks for posting the specials Mettle.

Mettle

Just wanted to add to this thread...

We have some Oceanic tanks in at the store (Barrhaven location - not sure if this applies to the others) and they seem to be on special. A brand new 75 gallon tank with stand, glass canopy and a single strip light is on for $499.99 and there's also a couple of 50 gallons for a good price, 3-something, I believe. I'll double check the exact price when I'm in on Thursday... I know we often find better deals amongst ourselves here. But these are nice Oceanics, so I thought I'd add it in.

discusFans

thx Mettle..you are helping us to save the world..because you saved us to drive there for checking out the special ... :>

discusFans

oh Mettle, seems like you work in the Barrhaven SP. can i ask you something? I went there a couple days ago, and i saw something like SAE, but I'm not sure r those true SAEs? i have been looking for some SAE for a while..thx a lot!

Mettle

There is one tank with SAEs in it. It's the one that also houses some gouramis. I'm not sure if there are many left if any at all. Those are definitely true SAEs. The others I'm not 100% sure about and need to talk to my manager about them. I believe we got them in as SAEs - but they may or may not be.