Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OPINIONS WANTED

Started by cory, September 12, 2005, 10:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cory

i have a 10g im thinking of turning into a small planted tank..i have the CO2 and all...i have geosystem sub too...i was thinking of what to put...

remember its a 10g.
Im thinking this! some guppies, 1or 2 angels,a small pleco, and maybe 2 rams? whats do u think?

Cory

Give me your opinions!
all opinions welcome!

darkdep

What's the lighting like?

cory

darkdep

No, I mean the wattage...how much light is being put out.  Is the hood fluorescent, or incandecent?  If fluorescent, how much wattage is the bulb?

Shouganai

Please don't put angels in a 10g other than to grow them out from fry :(

NjOyRiD

make sure you have a lot of lights, cuz it wont grow with a normal light that you buy with the tank, i tried it!
so i bought some coralife lights at 50$ and now its works!

you should put some livebearers from Central America, they do well in a 10g
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

aidensmomma2000

A 10g is too small for angels.

Nelson

Quote from: "aidensmomma2000"A 10g is too small for angels.

Kind of small for plants as well.  No room for any aquascaping.  I have a well lit planted ten gallon and it's basically just an unattractive mass of plants.  Just using it to keep them alive for future use.

Marx

I Only use 10gal as hospital and holding tank.. i find 10gal pretty useless..

darkdep

Same here.  I also find them impossible to keep clean, for some reason.  Fry tank only, for me.

BigDaddy

Okay.. I guess I'm gonna have to take some pics of my two 10 gallon office tanks that are both nicely planted....

darkdep

Well, you don't count BigDaddy :lol:

discusFans

in terms of fish, i agree with others that don't push angel there. smaller fish like guppies should make a 10G small tank look nice. for the plants, it all depends on the light u have...

cory

nvm then..ill use it for my hospital tank then
thats what i needed it for! thx.