Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

plants..

Started by Marx, September 27, 2005, 01:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marx

i noticed the long strands of dwarf sag.. 6+" are turning brown.. and there are tons of small runners in the tank sprouting every day..

im wondering if my tank had alot more light then previous owner of dwarf sag. would cause then to die back and allow thm to be a low lying plant?

just a thought..

the mts love the brown ones lol..

also the red/green hygro is growing straight toward the lights.. leave look beautifull (Thanks Toss) and the Hygro are sprouting roots from a few of the lower leaves?

normal stuff?

adding pressurized Co2 tonight!!!!!!!!!!

BigDaddy

If hygro starts sending out roots at the internodes... I usually up my ferts a bit.  That tends to curtail or stop it.  There's some theories (unproven) that it is the plant's attempt to acquire lacking nutrients.

Marx

yeah maybe thats it.. but my tank is cycling.. well kinda since the plants soak up most of the ammonia lol..

BigDaddy

Yup... your still breaking in.

Once your CO2 is running and you've got a fert schedule going... you'll be pruning the damn stem plants so often they won't have time to grow sizable roots!

Marx

what kinda fert schedule we talking about?

for the root plants like dwarf sag and swords.. im going root tabs..

what else should i be dosing weekly?

BigDaddy

Let's get your CO2 up and running first... then we'll scare you with chemicals like KNO3 and KH2PO4 and chelated trace elements.   :lol:

Marx