Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

What fish do you want to see?

Started by Mettle, September 30, 2005, 06:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mettle

Just curious and gathering some input as to what are some of the fish people would want to see more of in fish stores that they haven't seen recently. Looking for not-so-high-end-specialty examples here. Also - what about some of the types of shrimp?

The reason I ask is I get to have some input into the next order at my store and was wondering if there's anything out there folks'd like to see?

(Of course - everything is subject to availability and the quantity we'd have to get in, along with the price we'd have to ask for it.)

Thanks for any replies!

kennyman

I have been looking for unadulterated Indian Glassfish. Specificly C.lala as opposed to C.ranga. I think its a shame that the colouration has gotten so out of hand its hard to find the pure glass fish.

I think it was Andrew at Big All Kanata that said he was trying to get some. I hope they come in.

I guess this fish only lives about three years in the aquarium anyways. It suposedly hard to breed aswell.

fishycanuck

More fancy bettas, more variety of platys.... like maybe lime or blue tuxedo ones... more (cheap) ghost shrimp for feeders...

Mettle

Quote from: "kennyman"Specificly C.lala

That's one of the fish I'm rallying to get in!  :D  I love 'em, personally. I find them quite nice. And the unaltered form as well.

sarahbella

im with fishycanuck.  Id like to see more fancy bettas, and more female bettas.
And i'd like to see them displayed and sold in small betta kits.  Its very hard to choose a good betta when they dont have enuff room to show off ;)

murgus

Hi Mettle

We want Zebra loaches - We Want Zebra loaches :lol:

Thanks,
murgus

luvfishies

Healthy dwarf puffers.

South American (FW) puffers.

Bumblebee gobies

Bizz

emperor tetras. I've been looking for them for weeks at different stores, and can't seem to find them.

Mettle

Quote from: "Bizz"emperor tetras. I've been looking for them for weeks at different stores, and can't seem to find them.

At SP Barrhaven we have an entire tank full of them and have for a good two or three weeks now.

When you walk into the fish room, there's a series of six tanks that kind of 'stick out' of the fish room. They're in the top, to the right (if standing right in front of it) with a pair of discus.

blueturq

Nicaragua Cichlids (Nics), I would looooove to see more of those in fish stores! They are such nice fish!

tetroid

Keyhole cichlids. They are perhaps the most mellow cichlids around, but I don't see them that often.

BigDaddy

Quote from: "tetroid"Keyhole cichlids. They are perhaps the most mellow cichlids around, but I don't see them that often.

BA Innes always has keyholes.

Mettle

Quote from: "BigDaddy"
Quote from: "tetroid"Keyhole cichlids. They are perhaps the most mellow cichlids around, but I don't see them that often.

BA Innes always has keyholes.

SP Barrhaven normally has them in on a regular basis as well. The last batch we got in came in sick, however, so we've been treating them in our hospital tanks before putting them on the floor.

And I agree that they're mellow. We had some emperor tetras breed in the same tank as keyholes and they didn't eat the babies.

kennyman

Andrew at Big All's Kanata said the Chanda were unavalible yet agian.  Your my last hope Mettle.

tetroid

Thanks for the info about keyholes. I guess I haven't been looking hard enough. I had seen the keyhole at Big Als on Innes, but he didn't look well. In fact, he looks a little worse each time I'm in there. I'll have to check out the Barrhaven store once the keyholes over there are back on their, um, fins.

Mettle

We've had them isolated for nearing on two weeks now. I think they should be fine to go back on the floor. I'll look into it when I go in tomorrow morning and post an update.

luvfishies

Locally-bred Blue Rams, not the inbred, sickly stuff you usually find.

anything shelldwelling

squeeker

SP Kanata is going to be getting some brevis in (friday, I think), speaking of shell-dwelling...

mseguin

BA Kanata has a bunch of brevis as well.
I wouldn't suppose you know what size the brevis are coming in at Squeeker?

squeeker

nope, can't say that I do.  I'll see if I can't find out.