Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Petceter opening

Started by discusFans, September 30, 2005, 09:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

discusFans

Just read an adv on the Ottawa Citizen today and wanna share with everyone. The Petcetera has a new store going to open in St Laurent tomorrow. They seem to have a good deal on fishes and plants. They claim buy 1 fish and get 2 fish free. same thing for plant.

Quatro

Wow.  Seems like a good deal.  Do you have the address?

Mike S

BigDaddy

I drove past it tonight.

It's on St. Laurent just north of the shopping center.  In the mall just before Zellers....

darkdep

discusFans

BigDaddy is right. the exact address is 1021 Cyrville Rd. I am not sure if it apples to any fish. It didnt mention that, but i doubt it...or they may not have the expensive fishes for this weekend then :>

darkdep

Buy one arowana, get 2 free!

kennyman

I've never shopped at a petcetera before. But I just checkd out thier website and the monthy specials flyer.

They have a 2 for 1 pollicy on fish every day and a 30 day guarentee. They have a fluval 304 canister on sale for $119.  Says save $50 bucks reg $169.99. Big All's is $129 every day :/

I'm going to the city today anyways, I need to get a 40g+ tank. Waiting for a used one is taking too long.. Maybe ill stop there and check it out.

redbelly

kennyman, need a 27g instead of a 40g? pm me if so.

pet cetera is WAY overpriced for their fish. they cost double what they should. so when they say your getting 2 for one, your paying the exact same price as you would elsewhere.

however, when they do have their sale they have awsome prices. i have picked up an aquaclear 300 for $19.99, a giant bucket of salt for $50.
and i know they have some crazy deal. not some much on fish, but on stuff for cats and dog and small animals. save $150 on those cat climbing house things that cats hardly ever use :) $2 for a giant bail of pine shavings (need that for my chinchillas..)

blueturq

Quotepet cetera is WAY overpriced for their fish. they cost double what they should. so when they say your getting 2 for one, your paying the exact same price as you would elsewhere.

It's that "fishy tax" I tell ya! :lol:

Shouganai

I was just at the grand opening.. great sales on some things, but I wasn't looking for any fish stuff, so I didn't check the prices. I did, however, see the tanks.. how awful! Tiny, heavily divided tanks, all connected together, with WAY too many fish in them. The divided tanks are maybe 1-3 gallons each. Worst though, was the goldfish section, with 3-10 LARGE goldfish crammed together in the little tanks.

BigDaddy

Yup, that's just like the store in Orleans.

Central system and real small tanks.  Last time I was at Orleans there were about five tanks in a row whose inhabitants had very bad cases of ich.

Not somewhere to go for livestock... but at least its another alternative for equipment.

blueturq

QuoteNot somewhere to go for livestock... but at least its another alternative for equipment.

That would probably be the best way to look at it! :)

Shouganai

Quote from: "BigDaddy"Not somewhere to go for livestock... but at least its another alternative for equipment.

Agreed I would not buy livestock from there.. the small animals were in poor shape too.

I was impressed though, as they seemed to be a bit more progressive compared to other all-pet pet stores in the area. They did NOT sell reptiles, they apparently consider them exotic and something that the general public shouldn't be owning (which I agree with), and they seem to be very supportive of actually healthy cat and dog food, as well as supplements. Should they start carrying Innova cat food and selling more raw-type food, I might even shop there on a regular basis! :lol:

yellowtang

I was at petcetera this afternoon..........Huge pet chain in the USA......and I was quite impress with all the products they carry.
Can't really say much about their staff as they lack knowledge
on lots of fish topics........one thing I don't like about them is the small tanks they keep fish in.......like 20 fancy gold fish in less than a 5g tank.and so on.....
another thing is their prices.........guess they must try to bring prices down to earth......Like a LFS we all know was doing on their new location.........but that is another topic......
anyways is nice to see a new kid on the block.
if you haven't check them out........try.
LOL
120g REEF Upgrading to a 180g soon
38G REEF

Shouganai

Petcetera is actually a Canadian company. What you are thinking about is that vile Petco. Petcetera started in BC.

yellowtang

Bad bad Yellowtang.......silly me........
you're 100% right PCT  is a canadian owned Co.
I keep thinking about a company I used to see everytime I headed to Seattle Wa. when I lived In Burnaby BC.
So sorry. :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:
120g REEF Upgrading to a 180g soon
38G REEF

discusFans

i went there this afternoon as well. honestly, i won't buy any fish from them because they look terrible......even they have great sale. Not just the tank size i am talking about, but also the health of their fishes. you can see many fishes were death in the tanks.
oh finally, i am disappointed that their staff told me they dont have the buy 1 get 2 free on the plant yet, just fish only because he said the plant is not available yet...

mseguin

I was in there this afternoon and there was quite a few plants and the buy 1 get 2 free was in effect. You must have talked to the wrong person.

discusFans

yes, i saw those plants as well. but the plants that are on sale are not those right at the door. the fish guy said they suppose to get some potted plants for the sale. however, they havent got them yet...

mseguin

Odd, the sale only lasts till tomorrow. I saw a customer before get some of the plants at that sale price. Maybe they changed their minds afterward.