Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Danios Fry

Started by Shawn84, April 23, 2011, 07:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn84

After much anticipation my Danios finally hatch. I'm so excited to grow them out. This is my first ever experience with egg laying fish and I like it wayyyy more then the live-bearing. I guess its the not knowing when it will hatch. My batch took 4 days to hatch which was much longer then what all the info i have read up on the internet about the length of time that it will take for them to hatch. This is my first batch and a start for many more :)

Sorry if the image is not that clear. It was taken from my phone.
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

freshfishies

Congrats on the successful hatch! That's awesome!
Are they Zebras?

Shawn84

Thank you.  Yes they are. :)
A bunch a fishes.....

Fishnut

What kind of Danios are they?

Shawn84

This batch is zebra danios. The next batch will be spotted danios. No clue what they are called instead of line itt have dot all over its body. Cross breeding it with the line one. I wonder if it would come out to anything interesting. Like half line half dot lol
A bunch a fishes.....

Nerine

just remember you cannot get BAP points for hybrids!! but you can for normals :) and you shouldn't sell the hybrids... :)

but congrats on the zebra danios!! :D
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Shawn84

So how does this point system work? Is it a one time point for each type of fish I can successfuly breed? I look at the list of point but still a bit confuse. Also a quick question since this is the first time i breed these type of fish. What do you feed these guy since there so small at this point and I can't feed them just ground up flake. Thank you all. This is sooo exciting :)
A bunch a fishes.....

Nerine

they have their egg sacs on them, and ground up flake is fine! just grind it up to powder. Or if you feel like spending $$'s you can buy fry food already prepared in a bottle! it comes as a gel or very fine dust!

You need to breed any of the fish in A group (5 points each) and claim the first award once you hit 50 points (I think it was 50 haha)) and then class B, C and so on till you have all the classes maxed out!
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats

Feivel

If you need microworms I have a batch ready to dump in the garbage :) Might still be good for a week or two untill your new batch is striving, all depending if you can handle the smell from the yeast :)
let me know
Cheers
Seb

Shawn84

How can i start claiming these point? I'll feed them micro worm. Thank you for your offer but i have a couple of culture of micro worm already. I used them for my guppy. Check on them today and many are free swimming but some are still in the process of hatching or already hatch but not free swimming yet. So far there sooooo many little fry. I'm a little shock since live bearing each time they give offspring its not a lot. :) This is sooo exciting
A bunch a fishes.....

Nerine

Post in the BAP section! :) and Jasmine will contact you!

freshfishies

Will you be coming to the next club meeting?
I can email you a bap form to start filling out and then you can give it to me then if you like.
Or we can do it through snail mail...Orrrr I can email it to you, you print it and scan it and email it back to me.
Let me know what works best for you :)
Jasmine

Shawn84

I will be attending the next meeting, so you can email me the form and i'll give it to you then :)
A bunch a fishes.....

Shawn84

Quick update on the danios i got a bunch of albino one i believe :) YAY!!! They grow so fast. I probably have at lease 50 of them in the 5G tank. I`m excited to see how the albino one turn out once they grow bigger :)
A bunch a fishes.....