Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

The Wedding!

Started by rockgarden, July 10, 2011, 01:37:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockgarden

There is an OVAS connection and hopefully Charlie can add some detail to this since I am heading out of town for a bit and still packing after midnight!!!.

"http://www.megapixeltravel.com/2011/07/mediaeval-fair-at-osgoode-ontario-9th-july-2011/"

Nerine

Awesome photos!!!!! Congrats :D
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Thunda

thank you! Todd & I had a wonderful time, as did our "guests" (ie: open to the public)

there were little ones there roughly 5 years old, who were convinced I was a princess!!

we will be posting pictures of our wedding up on facebook.

-Lisa

Fishnut

Fabulous!!  I love your wedding dress!!

I had no idea people actually jousted at these things.  I thought it was all faked for public entertainment.

Thunda

The wedding was great and my bride looked LOVELY.   The knights of Valor are part of the Canadian National Jousting team so the joust all over North America and some abroad.  When you watch them joust you can easily see that it is for really and not a mock battle.

Hookup

Very pretty. Congratulations to both.

Please explain the broom jumping?

SeahorseGuyetGal

Quote from: rockgarden on July 10, 2011, 01:37:36 AM
There is an OVAS connection and hopefully Charlie can add some detail to this since I am heading out of town for a bit and still packing after midnight!!!.

"http://www.megapixeltravel.com/2011/07/mediaeval-fair-at-osgoode-ontario-9th-july-2011/"

Very cool.  My wife chose a mideveal wedding dress when we got married. 

As wedding photographers we have nothing against that traditional weddings but we wish more of our clients chose unique events like yours .

Cheers!

RoxyDog

Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Thunda

Jumping the Broom either started in Africa, or in Wales (historians are still debating on that). it was beleived at the time, that the newlyweds would jump the broom to ward off evil spirits, represented fertility & to jump into a new life as husband & wife.  :-*

Hookup

Quote from: Thunda on July 12, 2011, 08:15:24 AM
Jumping the Broom either started in Africa, or in Wales (historians are still debating on that). it was beleived at the time, that the newlyweds would jump the broom to ward off evil spirits, represented fertility & to jump into a new life as husband & wife.  :-*

i was hoping for some wizard of oz relationship... ;)   or maybe even a "now the bride gets to clean up the mess" kind of a story...

but fertility is good too.. ;)

Looks like a fun time.  My ex and I were married on Oct 31st... huge wedding costume party... it was a gas...    Nothing wrong with traditional weddings too.

Dorrie

Awesome, I've been anxious to see the pics ever since we saw you first at breakfast.

You all looked quite smart, but as far as I'm concerned, the bride stole the show!

That dress is amazing, and the hair is quite impressive as well.
And good on you standing in the heat covered in metal ;)

I wish you both the best!

Thunda

Got to agree with you there.  Lisa looked amazing.  By the time it was over the internal temp was getting pretty high.  Was a great day all around though :)

washefuzzy

Yes Liz and her dress looked awesone. It's times like this I wished I had a car. : )