Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

good appliance retailers in Ottawa

Started by jon1985, September 02, 2011, 08:17:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jon1985

Hey guys,

My fiancee and I are looking for new appliances.  We need a fridge, stove and eventually a dish washer.

We would prefer black or stainless steel.

Anyone know where I can find good deals?

Thanks

Jeff1192

A couple of my family members recently bought a number of appliances and both found the best deals at Corbeil.

If you don't mind the drive, Maheau Furniture in Embrun is where we bought all our appliances. They usually beat everyone in town and their service is very good.

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

garnpet

1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

bt

Another +1 for Corbeil.  Did a lot of hunting around when we were looking for appliances - they had the best price for what we wanted (by somewhere around 30% better than the next cheapest, and under half the price of some places), and the service was top notch.

Greatwhite

I've always just bought from Sears.. *shrug*  We have a new stove, fridge, dishwasher, and washer/dryer.  All delivered, set up and old ones removed.  Never had a problem.

sas

Sears ( I dislike shopping immensely, so love a catalog),
also Corbeil is alright.

yellowtang

Have you checked
Futureshop,lowes or
Home depot.??? You'll
Be surprised what they have.
120g REEF Upgrading to a 180g soon
38G REEF

Greatwhite

Quote from: sas on September 02, 2011, 09:53:46 AM
Sears ( I dislike shopping immensely, so love a catalog),
also Corbeil is alright.

I think the main reason we went with Sears is that the wife has a Sears card that accumulates points of some sort.  Those points turn into gift certificates fast when buying thousands of $$$ of appliances. ;)

drboeing

When I was biuying a new home, the builder referred me to a gent at the Brick, who organises "group" purchases, that was in Peterborough, but Im sure if you call a Brick store in Ottawa, and ask, youll be directed to such a person, By group I mean, washer, dryer, fridge, stove , dishwasher.  The pricing was extrordinarily good!

sas

Quote from: Greatwhite on September 02, 2011, 10:48:55 AM
I think the main reason we went with Sears is that the wife has a Sears card that accumulates points of some sort.  Those points turn into gift certificates fast when buying thousands of $$$ of appliances. ;)

Oops sorry I think I gave the wrong impression, meant to say I dislike shopping,
so love the Sears catalog, anyway.....................

Someone tell my husband how lucky he is to have married a non shopper ;D.

rkmike

We bought ours at Prestige in Orleans (on St Joseph). They carry Kitchenaid and were able to beat Corbeil and Sears by over a thousand dollars at the time (Fridge, Stove, Dishwasher and Microwave). Think the sales guy was Denis or Daniel (was about 5 years ago).

Good luck!