Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Ruffled Sword Flower

Started by BigDaddy, October 17, 2005, 03:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDaddy

Just thought I'd share for those who've never seen some of the cool stuff that happens when you let your aquatic plants grow emersed.

In this case, the shoot grew out of the water, had about an inch of air before the glass top, and then doubled over on top of itself.

E. martii is a plain little flower compared to some of the other aquatics... but I really like 'em.

PS - This shoot should hopefully net me about a half a dozen plantlets... so if you need ruffled swords and can wait about a month or two, stay tuned!

Nelson

Easy to see that hand hasn't seen any manual labor :lol:

BigDaddy

One of these days, Alice, one of these days...Pow! Right in the kisser!     :lol:

Nelson

Quote from: "BigDaddy"One of these days, Alice, one of these days...Pow! Right in the kisser!     :lol:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

kennyman

Thanks for posting that. I have just finished building a canopy that gives 7" of clearence between the tank and splash gard. If I can somehow get similar growth in my tank I'll be a happy camper and all the trouble will have been worth it :)