Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

LA SAM Giant Auction

Started by zapisto, October 18, 2005, 02:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flawed_Artist

Sorry . . . I've never been to the grand auctions, so how long do they run for, give or take? And when does it start, exactly? I might seem clueless, but I've never been to a huge auction. (The main reason I'm asking is because the link won't open for me.)

Flawed_Artist

pegasus

Until Zapisto corrects me... Doors open at 10 for the public, the auction starts at 12 and finish around 6

zapisto

pegasus you are rigth.
i am just hoping it will finish around 6 :) because this day is so long for us ......
we (organisation) usually start at  5 or 6 AM and finish around  midnigth...

pegasus

Quote from: "zapisto"pegasus you are rigth.
i am just hoping it will finish around 6 :) because this day is so long for us ......
we (organisation) usually start at  5 or 6 AM and finish around  midnigth...
So I guess you'll have to decline our breakfast invitation? You guys are realy doing a great job but watch out... Ottawa's big auction is picking up some speed. :)

dandaman

what time does it start at?
80- 5 Tropheus Brichardi Malagarasi
55- Planted Communnity
35- Discus/Angel Community
10- Breeding tank

pegasus

Quote from: "pegasus"Until Zapisto corrects me... Doors open at 10 for the public, the auction starts at 12 and finish around 6
Translated for dandanan:
Jusqu'a ce que Zapisto me corrige.... les portes ouvrent a 10 hr pour le publique, l'encan debute a midi et se termine vers 6 hr.
:)   :)   :)   :)   :)
I could leave earlier and visit Tim's new facilities before the auction.

dandaman

o ok merci beaucoup monsieur Michel!!!
80- 5 Tropheus Brichardi Malagarasi
55- Planted Communnity
35- Discus/Angel Community
10- Breeding tank

brad

funny I need to join an Ottawa based society to find out there's an auction 30 mins from me. I even used to be apart of MAS. The English Aqua Society in Montreal.

*crwals out from under rock*

zapisto

Quote from: "brad"funny I need to join an Ottawa based society to find out there's an auction 30 mins from me. I even used to be apart of MAS. The English Aqua Society in Montreal.

*crwals out from under rock*

Hi brad here some site you better bookmark to be able have news of montreal club :

- LA SAM : http://www.aquasam.qc.ca (french)
- MAS :  http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Canopy/6977/ (english)
- Aquaquebec : http://www.aquaquebec.net (french)

limmer

Hi,
Late question.  Is there any chance we could get the Montreal Club to announce the lot numbers in english also.  I'm okay from 1-20.
Last year there was one announcer that did that and that was great.  I had to go seek help from one of their members because I was missing out on a lot.  Other than that it was a great Auction and hanging out with people that spoke fish all day.

BigDaddy

Quote from: "limmer"Hi,
Late question.  Is there any chance we could get the Montreal Club to announce the lot numbers in english also.  I'm okay from 1-20.
Last year there was one announcer that did that and that was great.  I had to go seek help from one of their members because I was missing out on a lot.  Other than that it was a great Auction and hanging out with people that spoke fish all day.

Well... does OVAS do their giant auction in English and French?  Especially given that we have a mix of both anglophones and francophones as part of our membership?

Trust me... with hundreds of items... saying lot numbers in two languages is time consuming to say the least.....

zapisto

well the annoncer was probably me.
we trying our best to say all the lot number in both languages
but at least me i am trying hard but after hundred of lots , most of us just forget good directive we have :)

but we will try follow them this year.

FishPassion

I went last year and wow what an auction!!!! The only problem I had was upon returning home I got thinking about what I bought and has to explain to my wife we need more tanks. I am sure glad the Ottawa auction is a few mths away which always gives me time to prepare for "More" tanks again.
If you can go to Montreal for this auction do so you wont be sorry and the french bidding is not so bad just remember you have to pull your hand down sometimes or you will be buying more tanks.

I want it I want it I want it.......SOLD
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

zapisto

48 hours left before end of pre-registration.
it is time to start send list .

pegasus

Quote from: "zapisto"48 hours left before end of pre-registration.
That mean 48 hours to iron the OVAS T-Shirt.

zapisto

Quote from: "pegasus"

actually
i would love one of theese tee  shirt :)
ok i can wait until mars and the giant aunction of ovas  :)

james

Hi
I though the preregistration starts on Fri Nov 25? Can you pre earlier than that. If so, I will send my list on Thurs.

James
55-g  Kribs. Busyi nose pleco, abino
25 gal yellow lab , Brichardi,
55-g white top Afra, Synodontus Alberti,
33- gal PS Demansoni
30-g Dim..Compressiceps , 55 gal  red swords, 
.30-g  P.S Flavus

zapisto

Quote from: "james"Hi
I though the preregistration starts on Fri Nov 25? Can you pre earlier than that. If so, I will send my list on Thurs.

James
the preregistration end on friday Nov 25 midnigth.
that's it , no start date :)

we already receive many lots :)

brad

The site says it starts at noon. Does that mean that the doors open so we can snoop around at noon, or that the actual bidding starts at noon?

Sue

Quote from: "zapisto"
Quote from: "pegasus"

actually
i would love one of theese tee  shirt :)
ok i can wait until mars and the giant aunction of ovas  :)

I think we will have t shirts available online soon.