Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Plants & Marineland LED lighting

Started by charlie, February 12, 2012, 03:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

As i mentioned at our last get together when the subject of the Marineland Double bright L:ED lighting came up,La Niche one of the clubs Sponsors has a 20 Gallon Hagen tank that is using this fixture, it`s being running for quite sometime & the substrate is Fluval stratum with HOB filter & Fluval CO2 kit, don`t know if he adds anything else, I guess Marc - Andre can chip in here.
Here is a picture of the tank for those who have not seen it, this is just a small example of what can be grown with it.
For Good measure i also took a shot of the reef 20 gallon tank that uses the Reef Capable LED Lighting System, i`d say if it can grow & sustain these corals it will do the same for high light plants.
Thanks Marc - Andre
Regards Errol

touchofsky

Thanks for posting these pictures, Errol.  I admired the freshwater tank at La Niche, but for some reason, didn't take note of the lighting  :)

bizfromqc

I have to say I'm a big fan of those.

Mine's been sitting on top of my apisto grow-out tank and I love it.

I have yet to perform the hack to seperate the blue and white LEDs (to put on seperate timers) but it's on my to-do list.

brotherluv

What is the red plant in the middle called?

bizfromqc

charlie

exv152

LEDs are not bad now for planted tanks, but are only going to get better in the future.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

brotherluv

I think I'm gonna get myself one of those red tiger lotus for my 10g....looks nice!

marc-andre

the only thing i put in there is potasium once too twice a week. I trim the red tiger lotus every couple of weeks because it grows so fast.