Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Deep Blue Professional aquarium?

Started by tanker, February 26, 2012, 04:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanker

I saw a nice rimless reef ready Edge 60 aquarium made by Deep Blue Professional.

Have you heard about this brand?

Where can I buy it?

http://www.deepblueprofessional.com/
http://www.deepblueprofessional.com/web%20catalog/dbwebcat.pdf

I sent them an email. I'm awaiting a response.

JetJumper

.: JetJumper's Zone :.

charlie

Before i bought my 79 gallon, i was looking into these , Marinescape sells them locally.
Regards

exv152

Speaking of AI's rimless tanks, they just updated their website with some new tanks with different dimensions, cubes and starfire with curved edges etc...
;)
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

tanker

Quote from: exv152 on February 27, 2012, 09:10:47 AM
Speaking of AI's rimless tanks, they just updated their website with some new tanks with different dimensions, cubes and starfire with curved edges etc...
;)

Hi exv152,

I sent them a email last week. I waited for a response, but finally I called them last Sunday.
He told me the Startfire rimless CB606060 isn't suitable for saltwater due to the blue tint in the glass.

xenon

Quote from: tanker on February 28, 2012, 08:58:39 PM
Hi exv152,

I sent them a email last week. I waited for a response, but finally I called them last Sunday.
He told me the Startfire rimless CB606060 isn't suitable for saltwater due to the blue tint in the glass.

Starfire glass is perfectly suitable for saltwater.

Unless Deep Blue adds a tint to the glass, it should be colorless.

tanker

I received a quick response from DBP aquarium. They are referring me to the same retailers that you mentioned.

• Marinescape Ottawa
  • Aquatica MontrĂ©al

Thanks for your help,

exv152

Quote from: tanker on February 28, 2012, 08:58:39 PM
Hi exv152,

All starfire glass has a blue tint but not because it's been added, it's just more noticeable because there's less green (low iron) so the blue which is already there is more noticeable. The other thing is, those tanks are starfire on all sides, whereas some sw tanks only have starfire on the front pane. The AI guys don't know much about sw, they do fw exclusively. But those tanks are awesome looking!
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

JetJumper

"Starfire Glass is a lead free, low iron product that represents the very best in making glass trophies, although not clear enough to be called "crystal". Aslight blue tint is evident in the mostly-clear products.   "

http://www.starphireglass.us/product.php

I think its all starfire glass is like that.  Its perfectly fine for saltwater tanks.  In fact many people perfer it. I probably would love to have one.. but I have a tank already setup :(
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

xenon

The three pieces on the left are low-iron Starphire glass, which are not as tough as Aqua Vim glass, but the clearest.

The three dark pieces in the middle are standard glass used by most aquarium manufacturers.

The three pieces on the right are the standard glass used by Aqua Vim.