Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Maxspect Mazarra P series

Started by Amy, March 31, 2012, 09:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

I was looking at the Maxspect mazzara P series lighting... Any thoughts on those? Has anyone seen them from upclose or owns them?
I've seen some vids on youtube and really like what I see. I like the color and the design, and I have the cash to buy it.
Is it worth it for 1600$? At that price I have 3 modules, a controller that does almost everything, 2 power supplies and the mounting kit.
I'm setting up a 210g ( 84 X 24 X 24) I wanna buy 3 modules for now since I wont be putting a lot of corals at first, and I'm gonna concentrate on a more simple, artistic concept with lots of fish. I want "dark areas" in the tank, and I want the color to pop from a slightly dark background. So nothing as bright as metal halides..

For the budget, is there something better then this fixture?
I absolutely want LEDS, I want something that's gonna be good for whatever in the long run, something I could upgrade later (add more modules) and I really want something that looks nice (beautiful colors, not just plain white and royal blue, I like the purple-ish colors, a nice design if I'm gonna suspend it, efficient and economic of course)
Like I said my budget is 1600, I dont mind putting all that cash into a lighting fixture for something really awesome!
I want the best and the most beautiful result in the end.

Thanks for the help!

JetJumper

Quote from: DARKPHREAK on April 01, 2012, 12:30:24 AM
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2011/8/aafeature

this article doesn't have anything to do with the Mazzara series :(  .  I saw the Mazzara series setup on tanks in Montreal.  there is a store there with it on demo.  Awesome design, nice and stylish in my opinion.  I have the MaxSpect 160w model from the G2 series.  Love it, corals love it.. It is a chinese product so there are some "cheapness" feel to my unit but over all when I bought mine it was $400 for something that no other company could compete with.

.: JetJumper's Zone :.

Amy

The store in Montreal you're talking about is Reef solution right? I saw a video on youtube of the 500g set up, really amazing. All videos of the Maxspect are amazing! I'm just in love with the design!

So I guess it's time to whip out that Mastercard and get myself into some crazy debts! hahaha   

The only thing I have to ask is if the fixture ramp is long enough for my tank cause it looks like they only make 36/48" railing. I'll have to e-mail the store I want to buy it from. My tank is 84" long, and I really don't feel like suspending the lights, the tank is gonna be in a place in my home where the ceiling is higher and in an angle.

Well, thanks for replying!
I can't wait to start this new project! :)