Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Tanked (Again?)

Started by JetJumper, April 18, 2012, 12:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetJumper

.: JetJumper's Zone :.

salvini55

lets hope this one is more hobbyist oriented

Greatwhite

I haven't ever seen ANY "reality" show that is hobbyist focused...  Everything is extreme, or shows wouldn't be entertaining!  I'd expect to see HUGE aquariums that we'll never be able to afford.

Dakotamay

While I liked the Tanked show that was on a few months back as it was just neat to see what they created.  I didn't like the portrayal that you could go from no tank to a full set up in hours or a day.  Anyone that knows saltwater knows that is simply not the case.

What concerned me was how many people watched that show. Thought wow amazing! I want a saltwater tank and went out and tried to set one up that fast.  I'm guessing a lot of precious saltwater critters lost their lives because of that show. Not to mention the ones that died as a result of the show itself.  They should of made clear that you simply cannot set up a saltwater tank that fast. If indeed they were editing the show over days. They should of made that clear. So people understood that.

washefuzzy

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to definitely watch the show and be  crazy jealous.

bt

Quote from: JetJumper on April 18, 2012, 12:25:35 AMLooks like they are trying this again but with new people?

"Tanked" is actually coming back for a 2nd season as well.

Cheebs

Has anyone seen the show "Descending" on OLN yet? Now that looks cool!

JetJumper

.: JetJumper's Zone :.