Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

dazed and confused

Started by brotherluv, April 23, 2012, 11:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FocusFin

Quote from: exv152 on April 24, 2012, 01:30:43 PM
Is she being corrupted? Or is she infiltrating the dark side of the hobby? Oops, I've said too much...

She's too nice to be a double agent...on the other hand...

110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

Feivel

..... I got tricked into switching to salt lmao. I was freshie. A friend asked why not go salt? I said too much $ he said thats all in your head and besides i have everything you will need reight here to start. 2 30g tanks on stand drilled overflow some sand and a seaclone pos skimmer for 50$. Needless to say a year and a half later 23oo$had been spent and an upgrade to a 75 (wich i was told was a 90) had been prossecuted :-)       still have the fresh 50g in wall set up at my moms.  Miraculously some plants have zurvived wothput my care lol. Sorry for typos :-)

Cheers

brotherluv

I'm the opposite...started with salt and after seeing some amazing pictures of peoples tanks on OVAS I have started several FW tanks my favorite being the 125 Malawi  Cichlid tank. 

ajm1961

Malawi tanks... yoo hoo!! Attaboy!!   8)
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

exv152

Any heavily planted tank with pressurized CO2 injection can't be beat.
;)
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

salvini55

I started with freshwater, SA cichlids, salvinis. Breed them, fed the babies to the tiger barbs, fed the tiger barbs to the brichir, sold the brichir, started a planted tank, tore down the planted tank, went salt and never looked back....... Iwagumi photos will always peek my interest and remind me of the green side. One day I may start an iwagumi paludarium with a chameleon and archerfish. I love both sides

Why are fish no good at tennis?

Feivel

If i go back fresh it would def. Be a cichlid tank. Overcrowded with tons of rock crevices. Heck of a lot cheaper than salt :-)  only have enough room in my apt for ONE tank. Im pushing my luck with the 2nd tank with the blue .... Welll if u can call it blue..... It has shades of blue but yeah my 4.5inch momma crayfish. Pops out babies every 3month about. Shes almost due to pop some eggs out.

exv152

Quote from: salvini55 on April 26, 2012, 03:25:30 AM.... One day I may start an iwagumi paludarium with a chameleon and archerfish. I love both sides...

Look up wabi kusa, I think you'd like the concept.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

JetJumper

.: JetJumper's Zone :.

Nerine

haha I would enjoy going to salt :D I love a lot of the marine fish and would be fun to have one, or two, or three, or 1000!! :D bahaha ;)
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts