Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Mr Aqua 12 gallon long

Started by pm, May 09, 2012, 09:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pm

Hi All,

I have been interested in a Mr Aqua 12 gallon long tank for quite some time (approx 36"x9"x9") for a planted tank, but have not yet pulled the trigger mainly because I would have to order it, have it delivered to Ogdensburg (no shipping to Canada), and drive to pick it up.

I have just found out that GoReef.com in Montreal carries them!  :)

I am thinking of ordering one as a Father's day (aww, you shouldn't have) gift to myself.  Anyone else interested in these tanks?

I have emailed goreef.com to see if pickup is available.  They also have Mr Aqua cubes (normal and low iron) for those interested.

daworldisblack

Lol you want it bad enough and you'll find it! Awesome find - i think the price ain't too bad for the 12G Long compared to what I have seen in US online stores. It might cost you more to cross the border and back - we did that with the regulators and paid just HST, not sure if duty would have applied to this purchase. I'd say you should get it!  :P

Looking at the other things they have for sale there though, seems a little over priced. The Eheim Aquastyles I've definitely seen cheaper. But the Mr. Aqua you are looking at seems decently priced so good find Peter!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

exv152

Very nice tank choice, I'd be interested in knowing if they have an outlet store, or if they only sell online.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

pm

They confirmed that I could do local pickup, but not at the warehouse, but "somewhere else".  ??? 

I started to do the math, and I might hold off for a while.  It is not just the tank, but other items that I would need that starts to make this project expensive (especially for a "nano").

Since the tank is so shallow, the only decent lights recommended on other forums that looks good are leds (i.e. Marineland double brights).  Also, because this is 36" long, I have no space on my main floor for it (where my main tank is), so I could not split my co2 line (read: I would need additional co2 equipment), etc, etc.

As you can see, this little $100 item has ballooned into a $300+ item. 

I still love it, but I think I will hold off for now... At least we have it available in Canada now.  :)