Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Eshine led's

Started by shaheed, May 09, 2012, 08:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaheed

I've been doing some reading on various forums -- reef central specifically on these chinese made led fixtures.  I've read in general to stay away from such fixtures -- except there seems to be quite the positive feedback on these eshines.

Anyone heard anything of these or have any opinions?  The more feedback the better -- which is why I'm asking here as well. 

Also -- many of you have been answering my various questions that I've been asking.  Sorry for the random and excessive questioning -- and thank you for your time and answers!  And thanks to everyone else as well!   8)

http://www.eshinesystems.com/aqua/4g-48x3w-cree-simulator-led-aquarium-light.html

Amy

One of our friend runs these lights on his 180g and it looks pretty good!  He's really satisfied with them and loves doing business with Eshine, they offer great customer support by e-mail or live chat.

shaheed

It's a reef tank I'm assuming?  And he's getting good growth etc?  Thanks!

redbelly

I just saw these running over the coral beds for a wholesaler and they reported that they were ok for keeping some types of lps but not at all for others.

Amy

Quote from: shaheed on May 10, 2012, 02:39:53 PM
It's a reef tank I'm assuming?  And he's getting good growth etc?  Thanks!

Yes he has an old mature reef with lps, sps and acros and they all colored up real nice.
He has the 3G's crees and bridgelux I think...

I really loved the color, couldn't see much difference with these and fixtures that are twice it's price.

JetJumper

I can't believe they are "Not keeping" other corals alive.  The specs on them say they are using CREE Led's which Radion/AI/upgraded Maxspects are all using.

If the wholesaler has 90 degree optics and 20+" off the surface of the water I can understand that, but if they went with 30 degree optics then it will grow SPS no problem.

Its all in the optics.. the LED's are the same as all other fixtures out there.

.: JetJumper's Zone :.

shaheed

What kind of optics would you say for a 48 led unit , trying to use the brackets and keep the fixture on the tank as opposed to ceiling hanging

JetJumper

Closer you are to the tank, the wider the beam you want to use.  If you are right on the waters surface I personally do not run optics at all.  If you are 6" off the waters surface 90degree I find works awesome.  Thats what I am using over my 120g tank.
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

shaheed

hmmm... brackets are basically going to put me on the surface... what if i got 90 degree with the brackets, but jsut didn't power up the lights to 100%?  gives me the option to get a canopy later, or even hang it if it comes to that?