New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Diablo III

Started by Hookup, May 14, 2012, 04:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medym

Quote from: Hookup on June 06, 2012, 12:06:34 PM
Well i'm having issues already in nightmare staying alive...  I have just base resistances, but didn't think i'd need more till hell... I have just shy of 11k health but my DPS is down to about 350...   Any advise or sites with leveling guides would be appericated...  i'm not buying bob's pdf booklet for $29.99... no thanks.

As for crafting, i agree.. i've all but given up on it... the random-rolls for stats is neat in theory, but it's just not working when compared to the AH which is a gaurentee ... Crafting has to change before I'll roll more stats... i got lucky on a blade that im still using 11levels later... but that took three rolls... other than that, the 10 or so items i've tried to craft have sucked and been crunched down..

i need to get into the AH more and sell stuff... Thanks for the tips on Steal Life and Attack Speed... I just crunched down a few rings that had 7% attack speed on them for 65g each... lol... but it's ok...

Grouping up is one option.  I am at 47 now on my Demon Hunter with 1500 dps and 9000hp.  I die pretty quick if the mobs catch up with me!

What level are you?  I have a bank full of stuff I have been meaning to post to the AH, they might be good for a barbarian.

My battletag is Goose#1447.  Add me, and I can see what I can throw your way. 

Cheebs

Same here, I can help. Chubs#1240

Shawn84

Everyone can add me here is my battle tad

DarkJade#1885
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

Hookup

cool.. thanks... I'm Hookup#1513

almost level 41 barb... some upgrades dropped today... i'm not hardly dying, but my dps is sooooo horrible it takes forever on some elite mobs.... /sigh...

Shawn84

A bunch a fishes.....

Medym

Quote from: Hookup on June 06, 2012, 09:17:33 PM
cool.. thanks... I'm Hookup#1513

almost level 41 barb... some upgrades dropped today... i'm not hardly dying, but my dps is sooooo horrible it takes forever on some elite mobs.... /sigh...

I have added you. I think I have a 2her for ya, and I have a couple other items I can toss your way.  I sadly had to hit the AH to replace my neck and rings because my HPs were too low and I was being one shotted in boss fights :/

If you see me on and need some extra DPS downing anything, let me know and I can always join your game no problem.

Hookup

Awesome!  And thanks...   

Any idea if this game uses threat?  I'm not seeing anything in my skill tree that I can use to keep MOBs on me...  So I'm wondering how I can tank effectively if I cannot keep the boss / MOB smashing me and not one-shotting my crew?

Medym

Quote from: Hookup on June 08, 2012, 07:50:17 AM
Awesome!  And thanks...   

Any idea if this game uses threat?  I'm not seeing anything in my skill tree that I can use to keep MOBs on me...  So I'm wondering how I can tank effectively if I cannot keep the boss / MOB smashing me and not one-shotting my crew?

I believe the Templar has a taunt like talent, but my understanding is the threat is mostly damage based (ie, hit the target and it will attack you).  I don't see why your companions would be getting one shot, have you upgraded at all the few pieced of gear you can?

Shawn84

I'm starting to die a lot now in Act3 :( 
A bunch a fishes.....

Cheebs

The Barbarian does get a taunt in later levels.

Shawn84

I truly develop a hatred toward molten mob....
A bunch a fishes.....

Hookup

let me tell you... the worst is a pack of arcane + anything... chain fire sucks also for a barb... pull'em all into you and get em grouped up on you... stacked damage...

that said, for 1hr of leveling in nightmare, 50=60k of gold no problem... then buying 50-60k of gear on the AH and I'm l33t powered again...

got some awesome upgrades coming tanks to Medym, TYVM...  watching you mow down mobs was impressive... lol

dakrazyone

i got the staff of herding to go to secret pony land if anyone is interested.  Pretty neat, but the story behind it is even more epic.

Greatwhite

Someone buy my house so I can play Diablo again.  I have been working around the clock getting this dang place ready to sell, and my playtime has suffered as a result!  MY GUY IS ONLY LEVEL 20 STILL!!!!!!  (YES, the same guy I started on the release date)

dakrazyone

your not missing much, priorities should be with the house.  You can power level a new char in about 5-6 hours to lvl60 no problem.

Hookup

Quote from: dakrazyone on June 12, 2012, 08:59:53 AM
i got the staff of herding to go to secret pony land if anyone is interested.  Pretty neat, but the story behind it is even more epic.

Really?  what staff?  Normal - Inferno?

Shawn84

Anyone got good monk stuff for lvl 42 or 43?
A bunch a fishes.....

Hookup

Quote from: Shawn84 on June 12, 2012, 11:16:23 AM
Anyone got good monk stuff for lvl 42 or 43?

I'll check, but you cannot beat the AH.. which IMO SUCKS!  I wanted to be able to get good stuff without the AH and go to the AH for the l33t gear... but it is what it is...

Just entering in a max buy now price of 10,000 gold and put in your main two stats will pull back all kinds of upgrades...

That said, what are your main stats?  Dex and Str?

Shawn84

yup Dex n Str
I'll look into that AH once server is back online. But man farming item is sad.. Most yellow i get are not even usable lol
A bunch a fishes.....

dakrazyone

Quote from: Hookup on June 12, 2012, 11:12:27 AM

Really?  what staff?  Normal - Inferno?

normal and nightmare so far, a lot of drops, must be the ponies lol