Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Plantaholics Anonymous Part |||

Started by daworldisblack, May 31, 2012, 12:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

exv152

Count me in too, I have no preferences, just let me know where & when.
:)
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

Shawn84

Count me in. Couldn't make it last time cause of the storm. I'm free any day :)
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

daworldisblack

I'm IN! State time and place and I am there no matter the weather :P
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

ceci

charlie

wolfiewill

"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

sas

I'd love to come as well but the next 3 weekends are booked then kidding season starts and I'm tied to the farm :-\.
Arg I'll keep an eye open when you guys decide and hopefully make it at the last minute.

charlie

alexv

Well, even if it's Easter weekend, what's wrong with meeting on Saturday for a couple hours? You can spend all day Sunday with your families :)
220g FW Community planted: SAE (5), Puntius denisonii (4), clown loach (2), Yoyo loach (3), kuhli loach (3), otocinclus affinis (2), rummynose tetra (3), harlequin rasbora (17), rope fish (1), glass catfish (3), bamboo shrimp (2), upside-down catfish (2), Chinese algae eater (2), rubber-lipped pleco (2), cherry shrimp (many)

55g FW Community planted: Black ghost knifefish (2), Armored bichir (2), banjo catfish (2),  Rosy tetra (2)

sylros

Well some of us have families that live far away...I shall be away during that weekend. Hence the reason for April 13th but it could be the week before that.

But you're the host so it's up to you...

alexv

Good point, how about Saturday, April 6th then? Any objections to that date?
220g FW Community planted: SAE (5), Puntius denisonii (4), clown loach (2), Yoyo loach (3), kuhli loach (3), otocinclus affinis (2), rummynose tetra (3), harlequin rasbora (17), rope fish (1), glass catfish (3), bamboo shrimp (2), upside-down catfish (2), Chinese algae eater (2), rubber-lipped pleco (2), cherry shrimp (many)

55g FW Community planted: Black ghost knifefish (2), Armored bichir (2), banjo catfish (2),  Rosy tetra (2)

wolfiewill

"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

charlie

Not for me , already committed to an all day event.
Sorry

alexv

After talking to some folks at the auction today, it looks like the 13th is a better date. So, how's Saturday, April 13 sound for everyone?

Post here if that works or not. I was thinking about meeting at around 2 pm at my place in Barrhaven...

exv152

Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

wolfiewill

Quote from: alexv on March 24, 2013, 10:35:01 PM
After talking to some folks at the auction today, it looks like the 13th is a better date. So, how's Saturday, April 13 sound for everyone?

Post here if that works or not. I was thinking about meeting at around 2 pm at my place in Barrhaven...

I'm in. I'm still high from yesterday, but can't seem to get enough. Is there a come-down from this I should know about???? Maybe detox is warranted.

Stussi613

Quote from: wolfiewill on March 25, 2013, 09:48:10 AM
I'm in. I'm still high from yesterday, but can't seem to get enough. Is there a come-down from this I should know about???? Maybe detox is warranted.

You eventually come down a few days before the next auction...in time to do it all over again!
I haz reef tanks.

daworldisblack

I'm down! And Greg, keep riding the high.. need a dose again by doing the SAM auction come April! :p
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

fischkopp

Quote from: alexv on March 24, 2013, 10:35:01 PM

Missed the last one, so time permitting I will drop by.
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

sylros

I am going to book the afternoon to go. Count me in!

Was there anything in particular that wanted to talk about? For me it's more troubleshooting, because I've just started using CO2, I broke down afterall. Just couldn't keep up with the fertilizing in my low tech tank.

Plus I am in search of dry ferts to make it more cost effective. I also need to change my regimen now that i have CO2. So I will very much welcome a discussion around that.

I've got 2 tanks that I am working on...the one that I won at the Auction and another that I had started but was just missing the plants. Of course, now this is going to be re-aquascaped after the awesome demo from Jason Baliban. I should have photos of the progress whatever it will be at that stage.

But I also want to hear about you tials and tribulations.