Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Mini auction bonus

Started by Woody, October 30, 2005, 06:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woody

I purchased a big bag of java moss at the auction during the last meeting. The big bag with beautiful healthy java moss.
I divided the bag into three ten gallon aquariums that I am getting ready for future spawnings.
Today while doing waterchanges I noticed at least four tiny fry. Dark in colour and the size of slivered glass. There may be more, I'm not certain, as these are big clumps of moss.
Would the person who put the java moss up for auction, please contact me so I can narrow down what species of fish. I plan on using the tanks for my barbatus spawns.

Thanks

Woody

rockgarden

I brought java moss in bags R12 and R18 - green lables.  That moss came from my community tank.  THere are always amorous events going on in that tank.  If you got either of those two bags the fry might be serpae tetra fry or pencil fish fry.

If you got the Salvinia the fry might be WCMM since there were some tiny WCMM fry around when I was closing up the outside tank.  There were also play young but those would be showing yellow. Also a very slight chance that they might be cherry barb fry since my male cherry barbs have really be in full colour recently.

That makes two months in a row that buyers have recieved bonus fry in their moss and grass.

Anyways, as you say you got a bonus and maybe none of the above guesses will be correct. I wan't the only person whobrought moss.

Ron

PaleoFishGirl

Awww, I didn't get a bonus :(  Well, unless you count some rotting little crypts as a bonus :(