Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

pond UV Sterilizer

Started by Wall_e, June 14, 2012, 09:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wall_e

hi i'm sure some of you have experience with  UV lamp sterilizer , i need to get one for my 250 gal. pond and my budget is very limited so i saw this one on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/9-Watt-UV-Light-Lamp-Sterilizer-Aquarium-Clarifier-Pond-Fish-Tank-w-Bulb-Tube-/370621421372?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item564ac2173c

any suggestions would be appreciated thank

Fishnut

I would be suspicious.   That's REALLY cheap...too good to be true cheap.  Find out how much the bulbs are to buy new.  Just because it has a bulb in it doesn't mean the bulb is any good.  Those bulbs don't work after a while.  I forget if it's one season or 2.  Also, I'm not too sure if 9 watts is enough.  Do some research on the product to be sure you know what you're getting into.

Wall_e

thank for your reply it's very appreciated

they also have the 18W model and i know the bulb for the 18 is around 20$ i didn't find any info on the model it self since it doesn't tell you what company supply that model .i am suspicious i know it sound to good to be true  :'(

Wall_e

just want to say i order the 18 w and it work great in 4 days my pond was cristal clear and still is with all the sun we got  8)