Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Best place to eat near Scotia Bank Place?

Started by Dakotamay, July 25, 2012, 01:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakotamay

Thanks all for the suggestions. In the end my guests decided they wanted to try Scores. The food was pretty good. Service was fine. She brought us refills without us even having to ask. 4 of us ate for just over $50. Pretty good.

We then went into Big Al's where we were heart broken to see a scopas tang being beaten up by 4 other scopas tangs.  Then in another tank there was a Clarki Clown being beaten up by other Clarki's. That's what I don't like about big chain pet shops. They don't look after their live stock very well at all.

What was more upsetting is they had an empty tank right below the one that all the scopas were in. No reason to have that many in such a small space to cause them to fight. They could of put some into that tank to split them up. Even had some of the clarki's split up.

My guests were horrified at what they saw and almost in tears. They kept remarking how clean our tank was compared to what they were seeing and said they wouldn't dare purchase anything from that store to put into a tank if they had one.

BA's Kanata needs to pull up their socks and get their tanks in better shape. Pay more attention to how they house their live stock too. It's a big turn off to a potential customer to watch your fish killing each other.

Greatwhite

Last time I was in that BA's, I was actually impressed and it looked like someone knew a thing or 2 about the fish there.. But that was about 5 years ago.

A fun thing to do is to ask how much for the fish getting eaten, and whether there's a discount since it's half a a fish. :)  I once had someone asking the manager for me, and was told "no, no discount"... 

Greatwhite

Quote from: Dakotamay on July 26, 2012, 07:28:43 AM
Thanks all for the suggestions. In the end my guests decided they wanted to try Scores. The food was pretty good. Service was fine. She brought us refills without us even having to ask. 4 of us ate for just over $50. Pretty good.

Scores is "OK" for what it is, in my opinion.  But ya, if you want to feed 4 people for $50, that's the place to go. :)  I've been to the other Scores in town a couple times, and the service has sucked -- but I was there with ALL my inlaws, and I wouldn't have wanted to serve that table either, so I really shouldn't hold that against them.

djtr

Iv always been a fan of this place

http://cabottos.com/

more expensive but way worth it!!

Greatwhite

Quote from: djtr on July 26, 2012, 12:51:43 PM
Iv always been a fan of this place

http://cabottos.com/

more expensive but way worth it!!

That place looks nice!
"Cabotto's has set the standards for luxury Italian dining in Ottawa since 1976."

I've been EATING since 1976, so that's perfect! :)

djtr

Severum

Baton Rouge ribs!!!!
<drool drool drool>  :P

Make sure you ask for extra rib sauce on the side and pour it over your all dressed baked potato!
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

Greatwhite

Quote from: Severum on July 31, 2012, 04:10:48 PM
Baton Rouge ribs!!!!

Ok, I am feeling generous - and will share my award winning (in this past weekend's rib-off I hosted where I was the only competitor) rib recipe with the OVAS folk.  It has been published -- on a recipe card...  And will make you NEVER want to get ribs at a restaurant again... Starting a new thread.