Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Santa came early!! Now what?

Started by sarahbella, November 03, 2005, 08:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarahbella

My name is sarah and i have MTS...is there a cure??  

What a delightful dilemma i have here.   I snagged 2*20gal tanks and now i need to figure out what to do with them.  

My son has MANY MANY ideas for them and hes anxious to get them filled with water.  He sat and stared at the empty tanks for hours just daydreaming about what he'll put in them lol.  he's in for a rude awakening.  

Im thinking id like a theme tank.  So... does YOUR tank have a theme??  Does it reflect your personality???  

When i was a punk ass teenager my theme was underwater graveyard, everything i put in my tank was skeletons and skulls and death..  im a bit too old for that now lol

I was thinking of doing Lake Titicaca but my research finds the only fish native to that particular lake are 2 species of killifish and a catfish..  BORING ;)

I am trying to refrain from putting even a drop of water in these tanks until i figure out what im gonna do.  I am aiming to put fish in it AFTER xmas so ivew got plenty of time to consider my options hehe...
oh happy day!

darkdep

There is no cure for MTS.  :lol:

Try doing plants.  That's a whole world in and of itself.

cichlidguy2

i tried plants once , lol only once , it smelled really bad

BigDaddy

Everyone knows what I'm gonna say

South American Dwarf Cichlids!

Apistos, rams, curviceps... have fun with 'em

Of course, if you have the water for 'em

Evan

these is no cure because nobody wants one.

I second BigDaddy.

valiko

I think you should at least fill in the tank with the water and the substrate and, may be some plants, and let it cycle.

In that way you will have a healthy tank by christmas.

Julie

sarahbella

*ug* i am soooooooo weak!!  I've given in to peer pressure and one of the tanks is now full of water so i can check for leaks and i even threw a plant in it .. and so it begins..... no doubt there will be a betta or two in there before the weekend is over *sigh*

I've always had rocks in the bottom of my tanks and this time i want to go with something different.  Im thinking maybe some black gravel with a sprinkling of white pearly marbles, maybe a ship wreck theme this time around.

cichlidguy2

i love white pool filter sand with black rocks on it