Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Tips for the most beautifully decorated tanks

Started by dpatte, August 29, 2012, 12:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dpatte

The surfing penguin is cute. i admit I used to have a plastic clam that opened and closed (using bubbles) in one of my first tanks.
1 210g Asian Community planted fast water tank: balas, tiger & black ruby barbs, red-tail black shark, rainbows, loaches, SAEs, gold CAEs, 1500GPH river flow, plus 1500gph filtration.
1 75g African planted tank: 3 synos (had them since the 90s), yellow labs, kribensis.
1 40g breeder, silicone-divided into two - quarantine and nursery.

dpatte

I just like to hear what other ideas other have.

My original post came only from my own experiences, and I never even realized that many of the items I suggested had 'names' to them. :)

rule 10) have enough money to pay for all the rocks, gravel, driftwood, plants and fish, equipment and lighting you want for the tank. I still believe there may be a trick to this rule. LOL

Quote from: zoom111 on September 10, 2012, 02:36:07 PM
Are all these rules and tips fun for you guys ? How does the hobby progress if everyone does the same thing, scape to your hearts desire !! ;D
1 210g Asian Community planted fast water tank: balas, tiger & black ruby barbs, red-tail black shark, rainbows, loaches, SAEs, gold CAEs, 1500GPH river flow, plus 1500gph filtration.
1 75g African planted tank: 3 synos (had them since the 90s), yellow labs, kribensis.
1 40g breeder, silicone-divided into two - quarantine and nursery.

Nerine

Is it bad I still have my plastic clam? hahaha It's not in the tank though ;)

My tank decor is kinda out there...I have a plastic castle (which I'm working on covering in java moss so you won't know it's a plastic castle, just a giant moss ball!), red gravel (shush!) and plastic plants in one tank...
the others are all sand and amethyst and sea glass.... One tank I'd like to do the entire bottom in amethyst chips instead of gravel or sand.

My 55 gallon has lots of plastic plants because my catfish enjoy eating live plants :( but I have sand and lots of semi precious stones in there to make up for the plants haha
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

lucius

I was at Pet Smart a few days ago and they have Avengers figurines.  ???

Hookup

Quote from: lucius on September 13, 2012, 10:15:33 PM
I was at Pet Smart a few days ago and they have Avengers figurines.  ???

An often overlooked rule of design is batman.....  There can never be too much batman

lucius

Quote from: Hookup on September 14, 2012, 10:10:23 PM
An often overlooked rule of design is batman.....  There can never be too much batman

haha, I disagree!

fischkopp

be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

Fishnut

exv152

Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g