Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Rotifiers?

Started by martin_jones, September 11, 2012, 11:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin_jones

Hi,

I did post in the classifieds but have not had any response.

Does anyone know if there is anywhere in the Ottawa area where I can get some rotifiers in order to start my own colony>

My clownfish spawned again, and I'd like to attempt raising the young.

Thanks

Martin
With fronds like these, who needs anemones?

sylros

I'm told that Aqua valley would have some for sale.

martin_jones

With fronds like these, who needs anemones?

Djokher

Now the question is fresh (live) or frozen ? If frozen, AZ has some for sure.

DrRockso

A little while ago (a year or two-ish), there was a guy selling bottles of rotifiers. Problem is, I'm not sure where I found the guy... It was either here, in the Classifieds, or Kijiji... or UsedOttawa. Anywho... it's worth looking everywhere, especially to keep those tiny clowns going!! :) If I ever come across his name, I'll let you know.

Philnashbass

Hi Martin
I went through this a couple of months ago. advertised for rotifers wanted etc. No one in this region seems to be culturing. I ended up ordering mine out of Toronto. $15 but the shipping cost $65!
They arrive in about 3 days in a fridge pack. If you plan to order some, I would be interested in splitting the shipping with you and order a bag for myself too.
Let me know if you would be interested. I can pass along the company name and website.
Thanks
Phil
50 gal. CADLights cube with 15 gal. CADlights sump:
CADLights PLS 100 skimmer
AI Vega LED with controller
Ocellaris pair in LTA, Sml. Hippo Tang,  Powder Brown Tang, Favia, Gorgonia, Frog Spawn, Rhodactis, Sun Coral, Open Brain, Colt Coral, Plate Coral

220 gal. with 80 gal. sump:
Vortex IN 280 skimmer
8 Bulb Teklight T5's, Reefbrite actinic
Pair Gold Bar Maroon Clowns (extra lrg. female), Hippo Tang, Lrg. Pink Tail Trigger, Blue Face Angel,  Kole Tang, Humu Humu Trigger,  2 Yellow Tangs...3 RBTA's, Hammer Coral, Torch Coral, Frog Spawn, Leather Coral