Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Trois-Rivières run

Started by wolfiewill, September 23, 2012, 02:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfiewill

Not sure where to post this but I was involved in a discussion about a run to the ADA distributor in Trois-Rivières yesterday at Tom Brown. Is anyone else interested in going? I'm prepared to drive and have room for three others.

As for the timing, I just spoke to Eric at Le Centre Aquatic and have had to order the stuff I want. It's expected to take 3-4 weeks to arrive, so I'm looking at a run near the end of October. I'm able to go on a Saturday (preferably for a weekend trip), or I can also go during the week if enough people are interested.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

charlie

i`m in if time allows and if it`s a weekend

exv152

Hi Greg, I'm interested too, that store has some amazing things, hard to find fish, products etc. I need to stock up on some aqua soil & stuff, and I can help with the french speaking.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

daworldisblack

I'm in as well Greg! The previous one was pretty cool so maybe we can incorporate a few other stores enroute back to Ottawa as well :)
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

wolfiewill

Quote from: daworldisblack on September 23, 2012, 04:46:49 PM
I'm in as well Greg! The previous one was pretty cool so maybe we can incorporate a few other stores enroute back to Ottawa as well :)

Yah, I was thinking that too. It appears to be a 3.5 hour run one way so if we get off early we can get in some afternoon shopping in Montreal, eh. g
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

sylros

Oh end of October for me won't be possible. The new kitchen is being put in.

Good luck with the trip.

wolfiewill

Quote from: sylros on September 24, 2012, 07:42:53 AM
Oh end of October for me won't be possible. The new kitchen is being put in.

Good luck with the trip.

The timing is very 'up-in-the-air' for me. I need to know that the stuff I ordered is in: That's all. From there we can work out an actual day that is good for as many people as possible. And, don't you think you'll need a break from that kitchen rebuild? Perhaps a couple of meals in a restaurant without having to wear a hard hat and safety goggles to boil water for tea, or having to remember where you put the kettle for the duration? Been there, done that. A day away will do you good. G

Monte

Count me in too if it's on a weekend and you still have room. My french might come in handy !!  ;)
Like we discussed at Tom Brown.
40 Gallon Breeder

wolfiewill

Ok. For those of you interested in a trip to the ADA supplier in Trois Rivieres, Le Centre Aquatique, I am going on Saturday. I would like to leave early in the AM so we can take some side trips to stores in Montreal if you are still interested. So for those who indicated an interest already, please email me your street address and home telephone number and I will set up a trip plan to collect you all, and call each of you to make sure we are all on the same page. This should be fun.

daworldisblack

Argh! I have the day booked for a birthday party. Oh well :( Have fun guys!

exv152

I'm definitely interested, but unfortunately I have a paintball thing this saturday and I gave my word I wouldn't backout. When I last went to le centre aquatique wm, I was blown away by the quality of the fish, plants and of course the ADA products. But a word of caution, be prepared for the price tag that goes along with the ADA stuff.
:'(
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Sorry Greg, this weekend is out for me. :(

Monte

NOoooo.  :'(  I have to help a friend move this weekend. Crap !! Doesn't look like anyone is free.
Not enough notice I guess.
40 Gallon Breeder

76brian

I wouldn't mind going but I think I'm already way over budget :P

wolfiewill

Well, that sucks. Ok, how about next weekend? I really liked that last trip and would really like some company.

daworldisblack

Much more promising next weekend :)

charlie

check list completed, cleared for take off  ;D

exv152

Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

Monte

I'm free to go next weekend  too if you have enough room. Just let me know this week.  :P
40 Gallon Breeder

76brian

If there's room for another, I'm in