Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

PLEASE DELETE MY PROFILE!

Started by elk, October 04, 2012, 10:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elk

I have decided to end my time on OVAS as non members cannot post in classifieds.

Thankyou

Elk

Greatwhite

Darth

you could have just stopped coming here, so no offense to me this is just a way to stir the pot once again this topic has been hashed and rehashed, and at this point the post is just picking a scab, sad that you are willing to walk away because of something so trivial , but this post shows how trivial it has become, IMO it is your loss to leave the forum

lucius

Quote from: Darth on October 04, 2012, 12:30:45 PM
you could have just stopped coming here, so no offense to me this is just a way to stir the pot once again this topic has been hashed and rehashed, and at this point the post is just picking a scab, sad that you are willing to walk away because of something so trivial , but this post shows how trivial it has become, IMO it is your loss to leave the forum

+1 or send a PM to the moderator.

Medym

Not being able to post to the classifieds reminded me I needed to renew my membership!

androo303

+1

Quote from: Medym on October 04, 2012, 12:34:26 PM
Not being able to post to the classifieds reminded me I needed to renew my membership!

+1

Philnashbass

I have been advertising and posting here since the spring of this year as a non-member. This forum offers me a unique niche for classified sale and purchase, not to mention enjoyable dialogue.

In Aug. I realized that membership also affords a discount at certain retailers. I enjoy the conversations and wisdom presented by many of the individuals here so I decided to purchase a membership (what's $20?)

I would like to mention that I have dropped in to three of the annual "garage sales" and my third visit was at the recent event in the Tom Brown arena. I am a saltwater enthusiast for the past 10 years or so, and have found myself disappointed with the lack of "marine presence" but in spite of this, I still choose to support OVAS. Participation rather than complaint, I feel is the best way of developing any endeavour.

Thank you to those who are working hard to make this organization what it is.

Keep up the good work.

Phil Nash
50 gal. CADLights cube with 15 gal. CADlights sump:
CADLights PLS 100 skimmer
AI Vega LED with controller
Ocellaris pair in LTA, Sml. Hippo Tang,  Powder Brown Tang, Favia, Gorgonia, Frog Spawn, Rhodactis, Sun Coral, Open Brain, Colt Coral, Plate Coral

220 gal. with 80 gal. sump:
Vortex IN 280 skimmer
8 Bulb Teklight T5's, Reefbrite actinic
Pair Gold Bar Maroon Clowns (extra lrg. female), Hippo Tang, Lrg. Pink Tail Trigger, Blue Face Angel,  Kole Tang, Humu Humu Trigger,  2 Yellow Tangs...3 RBTA's, Hammer Coral, Torch Coral, Frog Spawn, Leather Coral

Greatwhite

That's what I meant to say.  :)

Darth

Quote from: Greatwhite on October 04, 2012, 01:22:13 PM
That's what I meant to say.  :)

I figured as much, I was just trying to elaborate on your thoughts so there was no mistake in what was being said  :)

Brine

Just out of curiosity and not to stir the pot in any way but can you not delete your own profile?

Fishnut

Hmmm...good question.  Not too sure about that.

Let's not forget that members also get perks when they go to meetings and other in-person club events! :)

$20 for the year or $30 for a family.  You can buy your membership from the home page or at a meeting or at a few of our favourite fish shops!

Thanks for your support everyone! 

Greatwhite

To be honest, if you want free classifieds, there's Kijiji.  If you want to be able to focus whatever you need to sell on specific people who might be interested - pay the $20 for a year.  You won't get as much fun conversation out of Kijiji -- well, unless you put an ad for it and were willing to have the conversation for free.

76brian

In my opinion, the discounts at local shops pay for the $20 pretty quick if you're shopping a lot like I am :)

I keep forgetting to show my card though :(

robt18

Quote from: Greatwhite on October 04, 2012, 03:13:38 PM
unless you put an ad for it and were willing to have the conversation for free.

And knowing kijiji, the next day someone would just post the same conversation for sale for a few bucks...  :P

exv152

I find it hard to justify complaining about something that was given for free. But that's just me.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

daworldisblack

Quote from: exv152 on October 04, 2012, 03:20:21 PM
I find it hard to justify complaining about something that was given for free. But that's just me.

Exactly!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

lucius

Quote from: 76brian on October 04, 2012, 03:15:27 PM
In my opinion, the discounts at local shops pay for the $20 pretty quick if you're shopping a lot like I am :)

I keep forgetting to show my card though :(

I keep mine in the glove compartment now along with the Big Al's card.  ;)

elk

Gee I wonder why I havent been deleted yet?

masoud100

How much is the discount for OVAS Members at places like Big Als or La Niche?

wandmangels

10%...so if your like most ppl in the club...and spend $200 per yr...membership is paid back