Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Buying winter tires in the US

Started by new_hobby, October 22, 2012, 03:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Severum

You can also find tires and rims off the junkers at places like Kenny's U-Pull. I think a tire on a steel wheel is $25 and on a rim is $40.

Not a bad deal for a used tire to get your through the winter.
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

OliAM

Ya right used tires....in winter.....looks like the perfect receipe to end un in a wall !

76brian

Quote from: OliAM on November 02, 2012, 11:48:27 AM
Ya right used tires....in winter.....looks like the perfect receipe to end un in a wall !

Well if you don't know enough to pick newer tires with lots of tread, you probably shouldn't be buying used tires :)

OliAM

CAA never recommend using used tires....first how do u pair them....in what position were they initially...second what is their history ? accident ??? bented radial steel frame ?

It's simply not responsible to put second hand tires on a car....specially when comming out from a lot of tires.

Coral beauty

Just order mine 2 days ago, delievered to Ogdensburg the next day. picking it up tomorrow.
Saving of 500$ for the exact tires from Canadiantires.
Very fast shipping I must say, at the end the total with $484 with shipping/ 20$ per week at UPS store for
receiving it for me.

Order Number: XXXXXXX Order Date: 10/30/2012 Via: UPS Ground From: Windsor, CT

Qty
Size and Description
Availability
Price Each
Total Price

4 225/60R-17 Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice WRT
Download Warranty Brochure PDF  In Stock $121.00 $484.00
1 Basic Limited Warranty  In Stock N/C N/C
1 Retail Tire Registration Card  In Stock N/C N/C

Note: As a complimentary service to you, the Tire Identification Codes for the tires you purchased will
be automatically registered with the Department of Transportation (DOT). 

Coral beauty

Quote from: Coral beauty on November 02, 2012, 04:51:18 PM
Just order mine 2 days ago, delievered to Ogdensburg the next day. picking it up tomorrow.
Saving of 500$ for the exact tires from Canadiantires.
Very fast shipping I must say, at the end the total with $484 with shipping/ 20$ per week at UPS store for
receiving it for me.

Order Number: XXXXXXX Order Date: 10/30/2012 Via: UPS Ground From: Windsor, CT

Qty
Size and Description
Availability
Price Each
Total Price

4 225/60R-17 Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice WRT
Download Warranty Brochure PDF  In Stock $121.00 $484.00
1 Basic Limited Warranty  In Stock N/C N/C
1 Retail Tire Registration Card  In Stock N/C N/C

Note: As a complimentary service to you, the Tire Identification Codes for the tires you purchased will
be automatically registered with the Department of Transportation (DOT). 

Just got back from a day trip, pick up the tires in the morning. The service at the UPS store was excellent with 7 people in line in front of me 3 were picking up tires. In and out under 10 mins, drove down to Watertown to do a little shopping. Cross back to boarder told the patrol my reason for going claimed ~280 between the wife and I and 480 for the tires. He handed our passport back to us and said have a good night. I suprised thinking I was gonna at least pay for the Eco fee and taxes for the tires. It was well worth it.

Nerine

some used tires were never used at all! :)

I have bought 2 sets of 'used' tires...and one was a set of winter tires that the person didnt need anymore, they had a van, then sold van but had winter tires with it ,so I bought the tires and the 2nd set of "used" were also never used...just purchased and not used (Some people have too much money???)
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Malyon18

I always buy used tires, lots of god deals out there if you know what you are doing and what to look for. Bought 2 pretty much brand new winter tires for my cts last year for 40 bucks for the pair. Usually when you are buying used tires you buy them in the pair of 4 at a time which eliminates the matching of tires.
"Friends Don't Let Friends Go Plastic Reef"

az

my last trip at that ups store was NOT GOOD, 2 of 3 boxes were cut opened and car parts went missing, ups says they delivered everything intact and the ups store says it came like that(which i doubt). so if you are getting ford mustang parts make sure its sent in a plain box.

I was also once asked to pay more than what total should have been, when i pointed out the mistake from the reaction i got it 'was not an honest mistake he knew what he was doing'.

AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca