Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Pic of my new tank

Started by sarahbella, November 08, 2005, 11:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarahbella

Emo, OF COURSE!!  its the tears!!  ;) *silly punk* ;P

Jim

damarech

Rummy nose tetra are fun They like to school and are not aggresive Get at least ten .

mseguin

Make sure u quarantine any rummynose before putting them in with other fish, and make sure the tank is cycled before putting them in.

Mettle

Yeah. Rummies are notorious for carrying ich and other diseases. From my experience anyway.

luvfishies

Quote from: "Mettle"Yeah. Rummies are notorious for carrying ich and other diseases. From my experience anyway.

Carrying or expressing, due to stress?

I'd say expressing, as they really like soft, acidic water. Just about every fish has ich, but it's not expressed until they are stressed. Just about every tank has ich, and it doesn't manifest itself until a fish or fishies are introcuced, or current fishes are stressed in some way.

ICH is always there. It's how we treat and maintain our water that makes the difference.

Mettle

Right. Knew that. Poor wording.

mseguin

I agree that its very present (I wouldn't say all but pretty close) but certain fish I think are more vulnerable to carry it. Rummies have a tendency to bring it with them quite easily.