Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Capturing fish?!!?

Started by shannon333, October 29, 2012, 01:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shannon333

Hello everyone !!
I was wondering how I would go about to capture a pair of clownfish in a 75g full of rock without removing the rock?
Any ideas at all would be great :0)

Feivel

very gracefully? lol you can try turning off your pumps, getting ready with the net, feeding them something that floats, leaving them vulnerable and distracted out in the open by the surface. dont let them know your after them lol. you can try and move slow and trick them or one quick movement when there not ready .... like a bird of prey "SWOOSH"

RickGervs

I noticed that my clowns are always together near the surface when my light is off and everything is calm in my tank. Maybe have a look in the morning, take a net and grab them both their reflexes won't be as sharp as when they are fully awake with lights on.

shannon333

I've tried both those ideas.
Rick, I got up at 2am and tried that, they went and hid.
(I'm going to try this again.)
Feivel, I tried that five times, and knocked over a rock and alot of coral.
...and it took me 2 hours putting the corls back on the rocks.

Smart clown fish
Theres got to be a way?

RickGervs

DIY fishtrap, they work great

shannon333

Never thought of that!
I'll let you know if it works tonight.lol

Papou

When you feed put the food in the net let them get use to it in a few days you will catch any fish you have even for tangs ;)

shannon333

Thank you so much Papou,
That sounds like a supreme piece of advice.

Feivel

agreed. im doing that with my peppermints now in my sump. never thought of that for the fish.