Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

new fish

Started by matycake, December 13, 2012, 12:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matycake

So I added a yellow tang to my tank 125gallon  and my scopas  was bullying him so I re rock scaped the hole tank and turned off all the lights  would it be find without light for more then one day and what else can I do to help
Thanks

dnas17

Well because Scopas and Yellow tangs have similar physical appearances expect some fighting (hopefully it wont last). Tangs are usually aggressive towards other tangs or fish for that matter with similar physical appearances so this is normal, and usually if you want to add two tangs that look similar its best to do it at the same time but its too late for that now. Rescaping the rock and turning off the lights are two things I have heard helped. Don't worry hopefully they will sort themselves out, I know when I put my YT into mt 75 he did not get along with anyone especially my Foxface but now hes one of the friendliest fish in the tank ( and I didn't even rescape the rocks or turn off the lights) . Hopefully overtime they'll settle their differences.

jon1985

you could try putting a large mirror against the side of the tank.  That may distract the scopas from the yellow until they are comfortable with eachother.