Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

AquaClear Biomax Bag Locking Clip

Started by lucius, December 19, 2012, 01:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucius

Does anyone know where we can buy these red aquaclear biomax bag locking clips? 

TIA.

sas

I don't think I've ever seen them sold separately.
I usually just knot the bags, and when I don't use bags
I buy pantyhose and that stuff :D is really easy to tie.
Small zip ties would work well also, maybe :).

greenthumbs

you should maybe try looking for the plastic clips people use for sealing potato chips bags or cereal.They sell them in very small sizes as well, i might even have on kicking around the house. I can look around if youd like.

lucius

Quote from: greenthumbs on December 27, 2012, 10:46:52 AM
you should maybe try looking for the plastic clips people use for sealing potato chips bags or cereal.

This would be option B.  I actually don't have any of these chip bag clips and would need to buy them or the locking clips regardless.

I contacted Hagen and they said that Big Al's should be able to special order them.  I was going to ask on Boxing Day but it was too busy so I will have to wait until my next visit.

Nerine

I didn't even know those existed haha I use the bag clips from ikea!!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

ajm1961

Wow... and I just realized I was putting the bags in the wrong order in the tray... LOL!
You learn something everyday.
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

lucius

Quote from: ajm1961 on December 29, 2012, 07:13:25 AM
Wow... and I just realized I was putting the bags in the wrong order in the tray... LOL!
You learn something everyday.

Seriously, who follows the instructions?   ;D

Nerine

nobody? :D
I put my biocubes at the bottom because the bag kept ripping haha so the sponge is on top to keep everything in ;)
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

lucius

Found these at Bed, Bath and Beyond yesterday.  They should work quite nicely.  The chip clips I looked at had metallic springs in them.  :-\