Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Kindergarden Biocube 14

Started by guyfish, December 30, 2012, 06:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyfish

My GF is a kindergarden teacher and wants a tank in her room.. Obviously it has to be fully contained.. I know her little kids would love a little "nemo" tank :) so I picked up a 14 Gal Biocube for her and have spare sand and rock but it didn't come with a hood..
Would anyone like to help out?
Just trying to get some kids into the fishy world ;)

delslo

I have a bio-cube skimmer that I can donate, it just needs a new wood block.

guyfish

delslo

I also can donate enough salt to get you started if you would like.

Nerine

55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

delslo

Does anyone have some extra live rock?

Darth

as I told you I have a nice colt coral piece for you

rgauvin

I post asking if anyone knows what vendors carry a product, and before I can blink the thread is deleted under the draconian "looking for" rule....

Does the fact that this thread hasn't been deleted mean the rules have relaxed/changed, or that the rules aren't applied evenly and fairly?

Stussi613

Quote from: rgauvin on January 01, 2013, 09:20:24 PM
I post asking if anyone knows what vendors carry a product, and before I can blink the thread is deleted under the draconian "looking for" rule....

Does the fact that this thread hasn't been deleted mean the rules have relaxed/changed, or that the rules aren't applied evenly and fairly?

In regards to your questions, we recognize that some questions about where to find a product are not necessarily in breach of the rules relating to posting of looking for ads.  I'd have to dig throughout the deleted threads to check, but I believe yours was looking for a specific livestock that would have been more appropriate to pose to sponsors.  If you had been looking for a ballast, or something non-fish, coral, plant, filter, etc related then it would have been a different story.

In regards to this specific thread, its already been modified to remove the looking for comment and left up because its actually doing something that is in the specific mandate of OVAS the club:

1. The organization shall be known as the Ottawa Valley Aquarium Society, hereinafter known as OVAS.

2. OVAS is a non-profit organization with the following objectives:

a) to further the study of all forms of aquatic life
b) to promote interest, exchange ideas, and distribute information concerning the hobby
c) to encourage breeding and displaying of aquatic life

d) to work toward the conservation of endangered species.

Stuart
I haz reef tanks.

rgauvin

Quote from: Stussi613 on January 01, 2013, 10:06:18 PM
In regards to your questions, we recognize that some questions about where to find a product are not necessarily in breach of the rules relating to posting of looking for ads.  I'd have to dig throughout the deleted threads to check, but I believe yours was looking for a specific livestock that would have been more appropriate to pose to sponsors.  If you had been looking for a ballast, or something non-fish, coral, plant, filter, etc related then it would have been a different story.

Stuart

I'll save you the search, I asked if anyone knew if any sponsors carried fauna marine algae X. Why did I post, because not all vendors are open on some days, so posting on Monday for example is the ONLY way to find out if marinescape MAY have it for example...

BTW, If anyone is looking for some, Marinescape has started carrying it. It isn't cheap, but it works (I feel like I am in a buckleys commercial)....