Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

UV sterilizer 18W $15 13W $25 at rona.

Started by blueknight0303, January 02, 2013, 07:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timm3h

Stussi613

Wow, just ordered an 18w for less than $20 taxes in.

It's interesting, when I picked Stittsville as my home store it was regular price, when I changed to Nepean it came up with the lower price...
I haz reef tanks.

new_hobby

Is it included all parts? I did not see any bulb, cord etc .. in the picture. How can I use it with my 75G aquarium? Thanks.

Habsfan

That's crazy. Its seems it includes the bulb which are $70 alone. This is to good to be true. I'm ordering 2!

Greatwhite

That has to be a typo...  Take advantage of it now, if you can!  Get a screenshot or something to prove the price was advertised in case of a dispute.

Stussi613

Quote from: Habsfan on January 03, 2013, 02:07:19 PM
That's crazy. Its seems it includes the bulb which are $70 alone. This is to good to be true. I'm ordering 2!

That's smart thinking, wish I'd ordered 2 so when the first bulb burns out I'd have a second new unit ready to go.
I haz reef tanks.

Greatwhite

Order 10.. and sell 8 on ebay for $100.  Just sayin'

blueknight0303

deal is still up.. order 2 if you want! mine is ready for pick up.. i hope they dont change the price as i pick them up! bulbs are included, replacement bulbs cost like $60... omw to pick mine up =).

i dont think its a typo since its saying save $140.. ::)

Stussi613

Please let us know how it works out when you get back!
I haz reef tanks.

Greatwhite

Be sure to print out the page!!  If there is a dispute, they have to give it to you as advertised!!!

Stussi613

I just ordered another 18w one and the 13w has been removed from the site...got confirmation of both orders and the first one I placed is ready to pick up. I've got screen captures of the website on my iPad and all the emails show the price so they won't be able to argue at all. 

8)
I haz reef tanks.

blueknight0303

i got 2 of them! they are for 2500g  8) paid $35 they still have 8 on hand so they say... good luck =)

daworldisblack

Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

blueknight0303

just finished eating... unboxing it now =)

Severum

Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

blueknight0303

uv sterilizer kills bad micro organisms and beneficial as well.... im not too sure  about putting a UV sterilizer on a reef tank...

pm

I found an instruction manual for this model online.  I says that the smallest hose it accepts is 19mm.  1) have you found this to be the case or will it fit "standard" 5/8 or 16mm hose, and 2) have you tested it for leaks?

I was about to pull the trigger, but held back on these issues.