Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Help me drill holes in my tank!!!

Started by mcampion, February 22, 2013, 06:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcampion

Hi Folks,

I have a 180 gallon tank and the top of the tank has a 2 1/4 glass edge around the top.  I bought a Fluval fx5 filter and the clamps wont hold in place due to the glass lip.

I am looking for someone who can drill 1 1/8th holes for the intake and out take hoses.

Can anyone help me out? Will pay you nicely for your time, we live near the Queensway Carlton hospital.

Please let me know!
Mike

pipster1979

Why dont you get rid of the filter and drill the bottom for some overflows and get a sump?

lucius

You could try visiting Home Depot and putting something together with PVC pipes.  Do a Google search for spray bars and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Hookup

once upon a time this site, er club, had a few members who did this for a small fee...

Keep pinging, maybe one of them is lurking around and will pop-up with an offer.

My biggest concern would be the size you are asking for, which is not standard, (1.5" drilling is more common).

I believe that Preston Hardware has glass-drilling kits... but that's going from way-way-back memory...

FocusFin

Quote from: Hookup on March 18, 2013, 12:19:26 PM
once upon a time this site, er club, had a few members who did this for a small fee...

Keep pinging, maybe one of them is lurking around and will pop-up with an offer.

I have fond memories of buying my 110 tall from BA's in Kanata late one evening and immediately driving it over to Snigger's to have it drilled in about an hour...good times ;D
110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

76brian

Quote from: FocusFin on March 18, 2013, 07:41:44 PM

I have fond memories of buying my 110 tall from BA's in Kanata late one evening and immediately driving it over to Snigger's to have it drilled in about an hour...good times ;D

That would make me sweat a bit!

Then again I've bought a brand new car, drove it off the lot, and had a hole drilled in the roof AND the trunk within 2 hours...

...but that's an entirely different crazy hobby :D