Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

im drooling for plecos! P=

Started by blueknight0303, February 28, 2013, 02:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robt18

Nice plecos! But just a heads up, some/many of those are available locally/sort of locally for a way better price... A few of them on there I've seen for half price or less, and then you don't have to worry about intl shipping, customs or anything of the like.

bergenm

Some nice ones can show up at the giant auction...

I picked up a couple of L182 starlights at the auction two years ago for $8 each...

(stock photo)
Michael

Shawn84

That pic is actually an l183 white seam pleco. The l182 fry look like the 183 but the different is that the white seam on the starlight is much smaller.
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

bergenm

You can tell I'm not a pleco guy...  :-\

They had it listed as a L182 so I went with it... my guys never come outof their plecocave long enough to ever get a good look, let alone a pic...
Michael

ajm1961

I picked up some of those Starlights as well - and they are hidden from view most of the time (under driftwood).

I agree that auctions can be a good source for plecos. In the past, aside from L182, I've seen King Tigers, Leopard Frogs, Clowns, and many types of bushynose for sale.

For AquaMania we have some people coming down from Montreal and Kitchener, and likely from various places in the Ottawa valley. Look for the list of pre-registered items in the next few weeks...

:)
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

charlie

Quote from: ajm1961 on March 01, 2013, 02:13:23 PM
I picked up some of those Starlights as well - and they are hidden from view most of the time (under driftwood).

I agree that auctions can be a good source for plecos. In the past, aside from L182, I've seen King Tigers, Leopard Frogs, Clowns, and many types of bushynose for sale.

For AquaMania we have some people coming down from Montreal and Kitchener, and likely from various places in the Ottawa valley. Look for the list of pre-registered items in the next few weeks...

:)
Not to mention Dr.Stephan Tanner will be there - one of the leading authorities on catfish nutrition, he also is a nice guy to talk to abot cat fish of all sorts.

blueknight0303

you have to be a member in order to go to aquamania right?

Stussi613

Quote from: blueknight0303 on March 02, 2013, 03:06:55 PM
you have to be a member in order to go to aquamania right?

Nope, open to any and everyone that wants to come!  Also, free of charge, but donations accepted and certainly appreciated!!
I haz reef tanks.