Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Electric Blue Rams

Started by Shawn84, March 03, 2013, 02:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn84

Got myself a trio of Electric Blue Rams. Have to say they are soo nice. Didn't even show one once of stress during shipping. It was as blue as ever. These pic was taken 10 min after they were put in the tank. They are house in a 20G long with some adult green dragon pleco. Female are getting fat and in the conditioning stage for breeding. :)
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

sas

Nice very nice, love the coloring. They're this nice in a photograph they must be stunning in person.

Shawn84

They are very nice. I was very impress with how much and bright the blue were on them. Can't wait for them to start breeding for me.
A bunch a fishes.....

blueknight0303

im so jealous now! good luck on breeding!

Jeff1192

One of my all time favourite fish. Unfortunately where I live the water is too hard to breed them. I had them spawn a number of times but the eggs were never viable.

Good luck with yours.

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

exv152

Ditto, electric blue rams are one of my favourites too, but hard to keep and more sensitive than the traditional german blue rams. Hope it works out for you and you'll have some available for future auctions.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

Shawn84

Thank you all. I will do my best to get these guy to breed soon :)
A bunch a fishes.....

charlie

Quote from: Shawn84 on March 04, 2013, 01:15:10 PM
Thank you all. I will do my best to get these guy to breed soon :)
Hope you are successfull, maybe you know this already- the off springs from 2 blues will only yeild a small % of blues.
Regards

Shawn84

From my understand they breed true blue now. So all the fry will be blue. I had a talk with the breeder I got it from and all of his fry batch are blue.
A bunch a fishes.....

charlie

Quote from: Shawn84 on March 04, 2013, 02:01:39 PM
From my understand they breed true blue now. So all the fry will be blue. I had a talk with the breeder I got it from and all of his fry batch are blue.
hmm, we chatted with a guy from mtl who tried breeding them he had issues with keeping them alive, my bad as i`m typing this the conversation poped into my head - it was not 2 blues , he was mating a blue & a reg. GBR - sorry.

Shawn84

All good. There is a new strain out there called Neon Face Electric Blue Ram. Look pretty nice. Nice golden neon color around the face and blue body. A Germany breeder created it. Hopefully someone in Canada have them :)
A bunch a fishes.....