Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Pic of my tank's progress (or lack thereof!)

Started by murgus, November 14, 2005, 08:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

murgus

Okay - here are a couple of shots of my 35 gallon tank.  First one is from September 24 (tank had been running for 2 weeks).  The second is from today.  So it shows about 9 weeks of progress(:?:)

Current inhabitants are:

5 rainbowfishes: 3 Boesmani, 1 New Guinea, 1 Turquoise
3 YoYo loaches
2 Zebra loaches
3 White Cloud Mountain minnows
2 Amano shrimp
1 BN pleco
1 CAE

The plants are:

Java moss
Java fern
Giant (?) sword
Vallisneria
Salvinia
Pennywort

I need to upgrade my lights at some point - I am only running a single 20W 6700K blub :roll:

Any comments and/or suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,
murgus

Jim

murgus

Thanks Jim!

I started with an AC50 but I added a Fluval 4+ last week as well :roll:

Can't have too much filtration  8)

Thanks,
murgus

PaleoFishGirl

Wow, that's beautiful! It's so well planned out - makes mine look seriously chaotic!

gvv

Very nice. I wonder how it will look after another 1.5 months...

Good luck

murgus

Quote from: "PaleoFishGirl"Wow, that's beautiful! It's so well planned out - makes mine look seriously chaotic!
Thanks PFG!
Quote from: "gvv"Very nice. I wonder how it will look after another 1.5 months...
Thanks too gvv - I am wondering the same thing...although I'd redo everything (if I had to) if only I could find some Pseudomugil connieae and/or the Pseudomugil furcatus.

Thanks,
murgus

DonCorleone

Great pic! I esp. like your background. Do you plan on planting the floating hornwort? Impressed with your java fern as well, looks huge, although it's blocking the rock at the back. I've got thet same variety of pennywort in the exact same corner of my 33G, and I'm sure you'll like it as much as I do when it grows out in a month's time...

Mettle

Looking good. I really like the shape of your driftwood. Where'd you pick it up?

murgus

Quote from: "DonCorleone"Great pic! I esp. like your background. Do you plan on planting the floating hornwort? Impressed with your java fern as well, looks huge, although it's blocking the rock at the back. I've got thet same variety of pennywort in the exact same corner of my 33G, and I'm sure you'll like it as much as I do when it grows out in a month's time...
Thanks Don - not sure about planting the floating hornwort, I kind of like how it is spiralled in the current.  And it provides a place for the less rambuncious to take a breather in.
Quote from: "Mettle"Looking good. I really like the shape of your driftwood. Where'd you pick it up?
Thanks Stephan - I picked the driftwood up at BA Kanata.  I also have a piece of mopani that has been soaking in a bucket for 9 weeks that is still leeching tanins :twisted: If it ever stops, I plan on attaching the Java fern to it.

Thanks,
murgus

Mettle

So many people get upset at the leeching of tanins that mopani produces... I like the effect. But I guess I'm weird, lol.

News for you though. I've had some in my 55 gallon since about the end of June and it's still turning my water a dark tea colour. Takes a LONG time to get rid of.