Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Naso Tang not eating

Started by Philnashbass, April 16, 2013, 09:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philnashbass

Anyone had experience with sudden shrunken belly and regurgitating Naso Tang?
I'm concerned with the sudden change. I've read a number of blogs speaking about potential worms or kidney problems common in Naso's.
Let me know if you have any ideas. I can quarantine him but I need to know what to treat him with.
Thanks,
50 gal. CADLights cube with 15 gal. CADlights sump:
CADLights PLS 100 skimmer
AI Vega LED with controller
Ocellaris pair in LTA, Sml. Hippo Tang,  Powder Brown Tang, Favia, Gorgonia, Frog Spawn, Rhodactis, Sun Coral, Open Brain, Colt Coral, Plate Coral

220 gal. with 80 gal. sump:
Vortex IN 280 skimmer
8 Bulb Teklight T5's, Reefbrite actinic
Pair Gold Bar Maroon Clowns (extra lrg. female), Hippo Tang, Lrg. Pink Tail Trigger, Blue Face Angel,  Kole Tang, Humu Humu Trigger,  2 Yellow Tangs...3 RBTA's, Hammer Coral, Torch Coral, Frog Spawn, Leather Coral

Roland

I have done this to my discus fish when they began showing difficulty and it worked.

If you can try to gather some fecal matter and examine it under a microscope. I believe 1000x would be enough to identify masses of cells.
Draw pictures of what you see and then hit google and search images. This can identify precisely the pathogen affecting the fish. Having accomplished a more exact  treatment can be tried.

I know it sounds clumsy and difficult.

dbl_dbl

One sec just let me bust out my handy 1000x microscope I got layin around in the basement :P

Stussi613

I haz reef tanks.