Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

wrm130 crabs

Started by ceci, May 05, 2013, 03:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceci

Crabs :) not mine (I'm clean)  they're wrm130's.

wrm130

you promised not to tell!  :D

ceci

hehehe it was too funny too keep secret  >:(

Dan

ceci

wrm130

ceci

Crabs are crabs....doesn't change things if you give them fancy names.

Laura

They are amazing and beautiful! Are you breeding them?
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

wrm130

Quote from: Laura on May 09, 2013, 08:38:28 PM
They are amazing and beautiful! Are you breeding them?

Of course:-)  my goal is to breed everything I own.

That being said, my research so far has not been encouraging.

ottawa_fry22

Not sure if I even seen Big Al's carry these before back when I worked there..but I have been told the red ones that look like that can and have escaped from peoples tanks running across their kitchen floor. lol And the ones we had in store also been known to nibble in plants.
75 gal planted, t5HO, fine soft sand, powder-form hydroponic fertilizers., 5 viejita apistogramma, 1 Banjo Cat, 1 Rapheal Cat, 3 Emerald Corys, 2 black angels, 1 Bushynose Pleco, 1 molly, 5 SAEs, 2 bolivian ram, 1 kribensis.

20 gal low light sand tank, 4 white cloud mountain minnows.

wrm130

Are you maybe thinking of red thai crabs?

Apparently, through research, the crabs I have do not require surface access....which in my mind makes them less likely to try to escape.

I dont see them much.  Mostly they hide in my baby tears and snack on.....I'm not sure lol

None of my plants seem to be suffering and I'm not feeding the crabs anything....

ottawa_fry22

Yes I think thats the type I was thinking of. I found them to be interesting and wanted to try them until I then heard stories about escaping.. (clicky click click click across kitchen floor). lol But these ones you have are a better choice by the sounds of it. :D
75 gal planted, t5HO, fine soft sand, powder-form hydroponic fertilizers., 5 viejita apistogramma, 1 Banjo Cat, 1 Rapheal Cat, 3 Emerald Corys, 2 black angels, 1 Bushynose Pleco, 1 molly, 5 SAEs, 2 bolivian ram, 1 kribensis.

20 gal low light sand tank, 4 white cloud mountain minnows.