Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Brass Fittings for CO2 Reg

Started by androo303, June 23, 2013, 07:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

androo303

I snapped off one of my brass fittings on my regulator. What is the store in Ottawa to purchase these specialty fittings?

exv152

Depends which fitting, but Ottawa fasteners does carry a good selection of the brass fittings. http://www.ottawafastenersupply.com/
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

androo303

Thanks Eric. I am going to try some JB weld on the part first before going out to this store. It is one of the brass fittings that goes from the needle valve to the bubble counter that completely broke (woops).

We'll see what happens at lunch tomorrow once the weld has taken.

exv152

I broke the same part too. But I switched my needle valve out for a parker metering valve with 1/8" thread fittings, much more robust compared to the 10/32.  I think you're looking for this part, not sure if anyone locally has it though, you might have to order it online.
http://www.clippard.com/part/11999-PKG
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Quote from: androo303 on June 23, 2013, 09:39:45 PM
Thanks Eric. I am going to try some JB weld on the part first before going out to this store. It is one of the brass fittings that goes from the needle valve to the bubble counter that completely broke (woops).

We'll see what happens at lunch tomorrow once the weld has taken.
Contact me.

androo303

Quote from: exv152 on June 23, 2013, 10:00:48 PM
I broke the same part too. But I switched my needle valve out for a parker metering valve with 1/8" thread fittings, much more robust compared to the 10/32.  I think you're looking for this part, not sure if anyone locally has it though, you might have to order it online.
http://www.clippard.com/part/11999-PKG

Looks similar to the part, but none the less I think the JB weld is holding. It looks very strong and the soak test seems to have not shown any issues.

Quote from: charlie on June 24, 2013, 07:42:17 AM
Contact me.

Thanks Errol for the offer, we'll see if this holds out. Otherwise the system looks stable. A lot of my plants took a hit from the CO2 system not working properly due to the end of tank.

androo303

Darn thing just couldn't hold up to the pressure and snapped finally, and of course it happens on a Sunday of the long weekend and with no CO2 left. I'll have to make a trip out there this week hopefully.

Charlie,  can I still take you up on those parts? I can post an image(a) of the parts needed.

charlie

Quote from: androo303 on October 13, 2013, 04:33:43 PM
Darn thing just couldn't hold up to the pressure and snapped finally, and of course it happens on a Sunday of the long weekend and with no CO2 left. I'll have to make a trip out there this week hopefully.

Charlie,  can I still take you up on those parts? I can post an image(a) of the parts needed.
Yep, i`m free tomorrow.
Regards

androo303

I went to the Ottawa Fastener Supply and they didnt have the parts (i was going to buy multiple as backups).

Charlie, sorry for not replying earlier. I need the two parts that connect the needle valve to the solenoid. Can you pm me your phone and address?

charlie

I would suggest you run that valve in line as opposed on the Reg. when we set it up.
PM on the way.
Errol