Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Maxspect Razor

Started by Bubbles, August 21, 2013, 02:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Hi all

I was wondering what people think of their Razors?
I'm thinking about buying a couple of these units and would like to hear the " good, bad and the ugly" from actual owners.
I would also like to know who carries stock in the city?

Cheers

Greatwhite

Love 'em.  I have two 24" Razors (16,000k), and they are wicked awesome.  They are quiet, run cool, and programming is nice since I can have them automatically ramp up in the AM and down in the PM.  When the power goes out, they seem to keep the time fine, so when the power comes back on I don't have to reset the clock.

Only down side - they are blue + white only, while other comparable LEDs have other colors that you can diddle with to make some nice effects.

I believe Ray may have some...

Tripwyr

Maxspect Razors are one of the best commercial LED fixtures, but they're still not very good. Commercial LED fixtures have a long way to go before they will compete with DIY or custom fixtures. Two good (IMO) LED fixtures are ReefBreeders and Nanobox Reef fixtures. The Nanobox Reef are custom built by Dave Fason down in the states, while ReefBreeders are budget USA-made LED fixtures with chinese LEDs. The Nanobox are top-tier lights, while the ReefBreeders are solid budget fixtures.

I own both, and both work great.

Salt

http://www.reefsupplycanada.com/it2040-controllable-full-spectrum-led-16-light/

I have been using this light for over a year.
-No bleed in led power
-Fantastic price
-Incredible pop on corals
-growth (thumbs up)
-and did I mention savings!?

The modern day of technology has given us the ability to stretch pass paying for labels ....not sure im allowed to post brand names ..r..

gerryo

Quote from: Salt on August 21, 2013, 04:42:34 PM
http://www.reefsupplycanada.com/it2040-controllable-full-spectrum-led-16-light/

I have been using this light for over a year.
-No bleed in led power
-Fantastic price
-Incredible pop on corals
-growth (thumbs up)
-and did I mention savings!?

The modern day of technology has given us the ability to stretch pass paying for labels ....not sure im allowed to post brand names ..r..

I think Maxpect, Razor, Reefbreeders and Nanobox are all brand names, so why don't you go ahead.

Greatwhite

Quote from: gerryo on August 21, 2013, 08:17:54 PM
  I think Maxpect, Razor, Reefbreeders and Nanobox are all brand names, so why don't you go ahead.

Nike.  There, that just happened.

I wouldn't be concerned about posting brand names...  Posting links to "non sponsors" is usually frowned upon.  If you have an item that a sponsor doesn't carry, it's generally better to find a link direct to the manufacturer.  If someone sees the product and is interested in ordering one, it gives our loyal sponsors a chance to price it out and see if they can get it in.

If they can't - then there's a little effort required to find the non-sponsor who can ship it to you. :)

Marinescape

Simsim

I have been using mine (2x 16K 24 inches) on my 125G and cannot complain at all.

az

we have all sizes of maxspecs, also few other brands.
AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca