Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Going to Japan and want to visit ADA stuff

Started by sylros, September 13, 2013, 12:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sylros

Hi all,

I have a wonderful opportunity to travel to Japan in a week or so. It would be awesome to visit some of the aquascaping - aquarium places that are world renown while I'm there. Does anyone know of any places? We'll be landing around Tokyo and already have plans to go to Kyoto, Hiroshima.

I've found this link but is this the one? http://www.adana.co.jp/en/gallery/

Any suggestion would most welcome!

Thanks in advance!

exv152

Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Bring back Mr. Amano  :), failing that take lots of pics.
Have a good trip

limed

There's a piece about Japan in todays news paper.
Saturday

Ed

jetstream

You don't need to go too far!  :) It's in Japanese page and not in English version.

http://www.adana.co.jp/jp/shop/pref.php?p=13

I went to a typical Asia style fish store at the top floor of a department store in Tokyo down town area . It had lots of odd ball cory. Plant wise was a so so. But they had more choice of moss at that time. For now, Tropica is less popular and  you will see lots of the new plant from Indonesia and Malaysia. They are very pricey. Extremely pricey! I think the store should be on the above list.

When you visit the fish store there, high chance you will see the stores promoting the new algae fighting weapon TwinStar. I guess it works as same idea as the CO2 Carbo plus. Check it out and let us know.

Btw, if you want to check out how a $500-1000 cdn crystal shrimp looks like. I'll see I still have the specialty shop information and address.

Have fun and take lots of pictures for us!  ;)

Cheers,

jetstream

For your infor. If you are crazy enough like few of the club members here that done it all the time bring back fishes or invert with you back to Ottawa from a trip. You are totally legal to do so! Just make sure you have the scientific name and put down on the declare form you have live tropical fish with you. If they found that you have live animal without declaring on the form, they could fine you or give you a serious warming which means every single time you come back to Canada, they will send you in for a complete inspection!

For plant, officially you are not allow to bring in any plant into Canada no matter with soil or without soil without a permit approved in advance. The permit is easy to apply for. Just the phytosanitary certificate (I guess it's how they call it) will be hard to obtain from the retail store. Of course, there's  illegal way!  :-X

Happy fish and plant collecting in the concrete jungle!  ;)

Shawn84

A lot of the shrimp you see in Japan are in the category of top 10% of the brood, hence price there for shrimp is quite insane :)
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........