Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Under White Lake, my summer passion.

Started by wolfiewill, September 15, 2013, 10:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfiewill

Not sure where I should post this but I know the people who call themselves the Plantaholics and so think this post will be appropriate here.

I was introduced to snorkeling by my dad when I was very young. The 'view from there' was always different and stimulating. I loved what I saw and brought it into my home. As a very young boy, I had many aquariums, mostly stocked with wild caught local fish, turtles and crayfish. Plants were not really of interest until I realized that the view from my basement was missing something.... plants. Once I returned to the hobby as an adult I rectified that issue. Now plants are my principle passion.

Coincidentally, my wife recently bought me an underwater camera (man I love that girl). This changed the dynamic for my once solitary and occasionally hobby. Now I can share both my passions, as I now will for under water photography on the following site. This is how I relax in the summer if I'm not building something out of cedar.

http://s1157.photobucket.com/user/wolfewill17/slideshow/Under%20White%20Lake

I'd love to hear your comments. Cheers.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

Stussi613

Wow, I really love the pictures. So often underwater photography is from down south when people are snorkeling...seeing how healthy your lake is and all the variety is awesome - thanks of posting the pics and the great descriptions!!

Btw, I'm pretty sure this guy is a Perch, they often school with Sunfish as they're mouths are bigger and they can eat prey the sunfish can't get in their relatively small mouths.

Also, this picture of this smallmouth bass is awesome!!

[/URL]
I haz reef tanks.

exv152

Quote from: wolfiewill on September 15, 2013, 10:54:28 PM
Once I returned to the hobby as an adult I rectified that issue. Now plants are my principle passion.

If anyone's seen Wolfiewill's fish room, and 90g african biotope, you'd certainly say he "rectified that issue", and then some.
;)
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

fischkopp

Those are some very nice pictures! Thanks for sharing them with us! I am quite surprised how green, diverse, and algae free the underwater flora is. I have always go the impression that at some point, everything is just an algae infested salat, at least that's what I keep pulling out of the water when I am out fishing. :)

May I ask what camera you used for these shots?
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

wolfiewill

Quote from: fischkopp on September 17, 2013, 02:08:17 PM
I am quite surprised how green, diverse, and algae free the underwater flora is. I have always go the impression that at some point, everything is just an algae infested salat, at least that's what I keep pulling out of the water when I am out fishing. :)

May I ask what camera you used for these shots?

The lakes in the region west of Perth and in the vicinity of Sharbot Lake are very clear. They all feed into the Mississippi Lake system and are well looked after (or left alone). I use an Olympus 'Tough'.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain