Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

mississauga big als

Started by artw, November 20, 2005, 01:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artw

so I had to kill some time yesterday in the 'Saug,  so I dropped into the Dundas St. Als...  nice store,  the 600 gal plant tank was breathtaking as always, and the 450 gal african cichlid tank was not to be missed...  a nice selection of Africans,  some I have never seen in pet stores before,  (various afras, petrotilapias, some other metriaclimas),  its nice to finally see these types of "rarer" cichlids in the petstores finally.  Not so much Tangs tho,  some tropheus cherry spot ikokolas and some dubosis....   all in all that particular store never dissapoints and it is definately worth spending a few hours in.   A huge variety of marine stuff too, more than anything we've ever seen in Ottawa at any store.

I think eventually I'll convince myself to start a reef tank up.   I realized why I dont want to do africans again, after seeing some of those fish in the store, I remembered those guys are relentless with each other.

kennyman

Someone showed me this link last week. I can't help but be amazed by that reef tank!

http://www.bigalsusa.com/

I hope to see one or two stores over the hollidiays. My family lives down toward Toronto so perhaps I get to take a look around.