New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Bubble Magnus Skimmer Sellers in Canada

Started by albertthiel, March 03, 2014, 06:51:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

albertthiel

Someone asked who sold those skimmers in Canada .. I found one ... but I am sure there are others so feel free to add other links here to this thread to re-sellers based in Canada

http://www.reefsupplycanada.com/bubble-magus-protein-skimmers/

Albert

Salt

FISH-STREET SELLS BM SKIMMERS.

GOT MY CONE FROM THEM,SHIUPPING WAS 42$

albertthiel

Quote from: Salt on March 03, 2014, 08:43:29 AM
FISH-STREET SELLS BM SKIMMERS.

GOT MY CONE FROM THEM,SHIUPPING WAS 42$

Are they in Canada as the one I posted about is ...

Shipping from the US to Canada is getting so expensive that it is not funny at all anymore .. Even to ship of my books to Canada the cost is way too high IMO and that is why I recommend that e-Versions be ordered as there is no shipping involved in getting those

Albert

JetJumper

Most stores in Ottawa sell Bubble Magus.  Bought my Curve 5 from Ray.
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

Stussi613

The Canadian Distributer of Bubble Magus is on ovas.  Most local stores sell these, and as with anything I would rather buy it from a local store and support the local economy than to save $5 buying it online.
I haz reef tanks.

albertthiel

Quote from: Stussi613 on March 03, 2014, 12:55:04 PM
The Canadian Distributer of Bubble Magus is on ovas.  Most local stores sell these, and as with anything I would rather buy it from a local store and support the local economy than to save $5 buying it online.

I am all with you on that one .. Same here .... Support local small business ! and not just for fish and corals !

Salt

QuoteThe Canadian Distributer of Bubble Magus is on ovas.  Most local stores sell these, and as with anything I would rather buy it from a local store and support the local economy than to save $5 buying it online.

Could you provide me with the persons info so I may consider future purchases....PM please.  I often shop online cause my savings are substantially greater than 5$ considering the cone 5's are about 100$ less. 

With that said I would love to know who could I buy from in the future localy.

JetJumper

Ray
Got Fish

Not sure of the other stores for Bubble Mag but they both sell them I am sure of it.
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

Salt

Thanks everyone I recieved the PM  : ) : ) : )

albertthiel

Quote from: Salt on March 03, 2014, 02:58:38 PM
Thanks everyone I recieved the PM  : ) : ) : )

Glad you did but being in the US I could obviously not help you with that ... :)

Albert

aqua-digital

Hi Guys

1. The BM skimmers you buy in both china and the USA DO NOT come with Canadian electrical safety approved pumps for one thing, the reason for this is because my company personally spent out over $11,000 last year to get the rock pump for Canada certified to CSA and UL standards for Canada to make sure you all got a quality unit.

2. well point 2 is quite simple really, you are screwed if it goes wrong, try shipping that back to china at your cost to get a warranty replacement.

The Curve 5 is $199 locally comes with full 2 year warranty and electrically safety approve pump by TUV canada to the above approved standards

If you want to buy abroad in the hope of a saving, buyer beware!

aqua-digital

Our container of Bubble Magus arrived this week, so all your favourite stores will have stock by the weekend.

albertthiel

Quote from: aqua-digital on March 03, 2014, 10:23:11 PM
Our container of Bubble Magus arrived this week, so all your favourite stores will have stock by the weekend.

Well that is great to know for all Canadian Hobbyists ... and that is a great range of Skimmers for sure ...

Albert

Greatwhite

Quote from: aqua-digital on March 03, 2014, 10:22:13 PM
2. well point 2 is quite simple really, you are screwed if it goes wrong, try shipping that back to china at your cost to get a warranty replacement.

See - MY BM skimmer's pump crapped out.  It was purchased from a store who no longer exists, but was supplied by Aqua Digital - and he honored the warranty on the pump.  He also initiated a recall on that pump because of the "crapping out" for other customers...

The Bubble Magus company did not recognize the recall, so buying from Hong Kong would not have saved me.

So yes.  Buy local when you can. 

albertthiel

Quote from: Greatwhite on March 04, 2014, 04:24:43 PM
See - MY BM skimmer's pump crapped out.  It was purchased from a store who no longer exists, but was supplied by Aqua Digital - and he honored the warranty on the pump.  He also initiated a recall on that pump because of the "crapping out" for other customers...

The Bubble Magus company did not recognize the recall, so buying from Hong Kong would not have saved me.

So yes.  Buy local when you can. 

Well that was very good customer service on their part ... and it proves that buying local is indeed the way to go ! Thanks for posting that comment and relating how your pump issue was handled

Kudos to Aqua Digital !

albertthiel

Quote from: aqua-digital on March 04, 2014, 05:16:43 PM
I know anyone could say they spent out $11k to get a pump safety certified to CSA standards, well see attachment ;)

You simply cant get a better skimmer for the money with THOSE credentials.

Very very true indeed !

Albert

Stussi613

Mike,

I've removed your attachment as it may contain personal information, if you have another copy without some of the info, please re-post it.

Stuart
I haz reef tanks.

aqua-digital

thanks, will see if i can do something about that.

bandit

I always prefer to buy locally, but it dosnt always happen. I have my heart set on a AQUAMAX C03 skimmer and they seem to only distribute them to the big boys. So its 8weeks back order from marinedepot >:(. If only one of our local stores could carry these.  :)

albertthiel

Quote from: bandit on March 06, 2014, 09:14:58 AM
I always prefer to buy locally, but it dosnt always happen. I have my heart set on a AQUAMAX C03 skimmer and they seem to only distribute them to the big boys. So its 8weeks back order from marinedepot >:(. If only one of our local stores could carry these.  :)

I hear you, sometimes the larger distributors will try to get an exclusive or limit the number of dealers for a product by placing very large orders with manufacturers ...

I know ... one of the larger ones wanted exclusive disturb for my nranthe Nano-Reef Aquariums Book by ordering 500 copies at a time ... I did not like the idea that the distribution would be limited to only that distributor and 2 others they would allow, so I did not go for it although obviously the appeal of selling 500 books at a time was high ...

I just did not feel comfortable going that way so I did not.

Albert