Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

CHEAP Water level/water on the floor alarm

Started by Herstead, April 09, 2014, 06:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herstead

This was just posted by Uaru Joey who is in Nova Scotia, great idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfgUPBApY7s

- Jonathan
Current Set-Up: Mixed Reef 250g DT + 100g in Sump
Inhabitants: 2 Snowflake Clowns, 8 Bimac Anthias, 2 Mandarin Dragonets, Vigratus Rabbit Fish, Flame Angel, Purple Chromis, Atlantic Blue Tang, Sailfin Tang and lots of inverts.
Next Step: Set up controller and ATO. Really need to do this.

Greatwhite

Well - this would have saved some hardwood in my office...

Parisiot

Brilliant! This is going in under my stand for sure!

Greatwhite

I think that I'd probably find another "slightly less loud, scary and annoying" alarm though... Just watching the video on my iPhone with the volume almost off and my thumb over the speaker STILL had my dogs crying.

Parisiot

Quote from: Greatwhite on April 11, 2014, 02:51:02 PM
I think that I'd probably find another "slightly less loud, scary and annoying" alarm though... Just watching the video on my iPhone with the volume almost off and my thumb over the speaker STILL had my dogs crying.

I got pretty upset with how many times he "tested" touching the wires together... muted every time haha

uarujoey

It only goes off if you are about to flood your tank and ruin your floor..... wouldn't you want the loudest alarm possible?

Seeing as how this would generally only be used by people like myself that tend to wander off when filling a tank and forget.... I will hear this no matter where i am in the house. lol

Herstead

Well if you are the real Joey :P then I have to thank you for all your videos. They are really great and easy to follow.

- Jonathan
Current Set-Up: Mixed Reef 250g DT + 100g in Sump
Inhabitants: 2 Snowflake Clowns, 8 Bimac Anthias, 2 Mandarin Dragonets, Vigratus Rabbit Fish, Flame Angel, Purple Chromis, Atlantic Blue Tang, Sailfin Tang and lots of inverts.
Next Step: Set up controller and ATO. Really need to do this.

uarujoey

Quote from: Herstead on April 15, 2014, 10:37:31 PM
Well if you are the real Joey :P then I have to thank you for all your videos. They are really great and easy to follow.

- Jonathan

Yes, it's the real me!  ;)

You are welcome for the videos.... well, actually i should be thanking you for watching them and helping to contribute to the ongoing support the hobby shows me!