Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

co2 tank

Started by Pyrrolin, June 05, 2014, 02:27:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyrrolin

There is a list in a sticky above for places to refill.  I am looking for a place to buy a 10 lb tank in the area and wondering what price range I should expect.

I have read about places that just exchange empty for filled like propane online but don't know any place in the area to get a tank from.

daworldisblack

There are a few in the Ottawa and surrounding areas - Davidsons comes to mind for something local but across the river in Quebec, I've always had awesome service from Pyromatek: http://www.pyromateck.ca/en/

Similar thread: http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?topic=55085.0
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

exv152

A 10lbs steel tank will set you back about $90, an alluminum 10lbs is more like $125-$150, filled.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

Pyrrolin

Damn, that is going to hurt.  Looks like I may have to wait a bit for the co2 tank until I get things settled from the move.

I assume a smaller tank would still be a fair cost and not worth it?  From what I have read, for my 90 gallon I am going to want a 10 lb tank so it lasts a few months between refills

daworldisblack

Quote from: Pyrrolin on June 05, 2014, 11:38:53 PM
Damn, that is going to hurt.  Looks like I may have to wait a bit for the co2 tank until I get things settled from the move.

I assume a smaller tank would still be a fair cost and not worth it?  From what I have read, for my 90 gallon I am going to want a 10 lb tank so it lasts a few months between refills

Yeah price difference is not much so bigger is better - tank costs just a little more initially but refills are going to be less frequent and for about the same price per refill you get greater mileage because filling a 5 and 10 Lb tank doesn't have a huge price difference.
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

exv152

In addition to that, if you're heading to the US this summer for vacation, that's the best opportunity to pick one up cheap, a 5lbs tank costs between $50-$60, a 10lbs costs about $75, and I've seen 20lbs tanks as low as $110, new and alluminum. But I don't think they'll let you bring a full tank across the border.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g