Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Some pictures

Started by mm, January 01, 2015, 11:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mm

Some pictures of my new Epyplatys annulatus (clown killifish) and Boraras naevus (strawberry rasboras) fry!

charlie

Thanks for sharing , those  clown killifish are a beauty.
Where did you get them from?

mm

Thanks, I got them at the BA in mississauga.  If they breed I will be happy to share some.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

exv152

The strawberry rasbora is harder to find than the chili/mosquito (b.brigittae), did you also get that at BA in Mississauga?
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

mm

No., I got those from Tommy from Shrimp Fever last year when he came to speak at OVAS. They just bred for the second time and the picture is from one of the fry. The first time I only got one to grow to adulthood. This time I can see at least 10 that might make it.

JayT

Good stuff!  I have yet to find clown killies in Ottawa.  I miss having them.

mm

One more picture. My latest tank - as if I needed one more :).
Sundadanio axelrodi and utricularia graminifolia (grown emersed for 2 weeks before filling the tank).

sas

Great pics! Don't ever feel you're posting too many pics, we all love the pictures.
Thanks for sharing, not all of us have the room for multiple tanks.

mm

A surprise addition to the family ... a baby golden pristella suddenly showed up :)

angelcraze

Quote from: JayT on January 02, 2015, 10:36:44 PM
Good stuff!  I have yet to find clown killies in Ottawa.  I miss having them.

I have one male.  I lost the female and no fry survived, pm me if you are interested, he must be lonely.  I know someone else who might still have a few, but I don't know if he bred them or not yet.
Give me ShReD till I'm dEaD!!!

mm

Unfortunately, I also lost my female to some form of dropsy (had raised scales but didn't look swollen). I am left with two males. If you hear of someone with an extra female that would be willing to sell please let me know. I would really like to try to breed them.