Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

wireless filters and heaters

Started by maitre007, December 07, 2005, 12:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maitre007

I am trying to figure out where I could place a new aquarium in my place and there's a spot in my apartment that would fit the bill however there's no jack.

Which made me think how great it would be if there's was wireless filters and heaters.

h :lol:

Aiglos

How would they power ?

wireless only works if they are attached to a power source in the first place;  or if they worked on battery power but I don't know any battery that would support a heater/filter for any amount of time.

Mettle

This is why extension cords were invented.  :D

Iceman

Wouldn't want to step into the beam of AC power.  :shock:

mseguin

Yeah the size of battery needed to power either ah eater or filter would make it virtually unfeasible. Unless someone makes a tank that can be powered by a single large rechargeable solar powered battery. Darn I need to patent that!

Insane79

Quote from: "mseguin"Darn I need to patent that!

You totally should! Imagine having your lights powered by solar power!!!  Course, not much sun near my tank, but that is another issue.

Mettle

My uncle in Germany has solar panels installed on his roof and gets a considerable amount of energy from this year round. It was expensive to install but apparently it pays for itself sooner than later.

Iceman

How about a hamster cage under the tank with a generator hooked up to their little wheel.

darkdep

What someone REALLY needs to invent is a generator hooked up to 5 year old kids.  Tell me THAT isn't an unlimited source of energy...